Last weekend we put together the kid's garden swing set with a slide. I'm the one reading instructions because, if I look away for a second to let's say tend to my child, I come back to screws looking through the boards because hubby used the wrong ones. Or let's say I put the kid to sleep for his afternoon nap and I come back to an extra board lying on the ground because someone didn't bother to read the instructions.
This is nothing new. Once my hubby and mom made an effort to put together a cupboard and they ended up putting it up side down. Yes, that's how lost they both are when reading instructions.
What was truly bizarre in this situation was that I ended up electrocuting myself and I wasn't even using any power tools. I was just told to unplug one and it happened. It wasn't bad though. My finger hurt for a while but there sure weren't any dramatic effects like you see in the movies.
Is the household electricity strong enough to kill you or do any real damage? Or was I just lucky? I did wear rubber shoes, so maybe that's the reason I didn't get hurt much.
P.S. I've reopened my Etsy shop and I have some paintings in there for really cheap.
Linking to Paint Party Friday.
Self-study classes: Cotton Candy Girls & Crazy Hair Ladies