Friday, January 13, 2017

Girl with balloons and the Mandela effect

Miss M started this Round Robin with balloons, LucyMc added the girl and I finished with the birds and background.

Have you heard of the Mandela effect? It's a little freaky that so many people remember something that apparently never happened or was a different way. It's called the Mandela effect because it was in 2010 that people first noticed something weird is going on because they thought Mandela already died in 1991 in jail but he didn't die until 2013. I actually remember that time because when I heard about Nelson Mandela's death I thought he was already dead as well but I didn't really pay attention to it. Only now when I heard about this Mandela effect I remembered I was one of those people confused about his "second" death.

There's a lot of brands that people remember being spelled differently or characters being different and HERE are 100 examples for it. I don't know about some of the US brands but I do remember Kit Kat with a dash, Looney Toons with double "o", the famous quote from "I love Lucy", "Hello, Clarice" from Silence of the Lambs, Queen's "of the world" at the end of We are the champions song and Mona Lisa having a mysterious smile but definitely not a smirk she's sporting now-a days just to name a few. But what blew my mind is mirror, mirror on the wall from the Snow White. Apparently the stepmother never said it instead she said, magic mirror on the wall.

And these are not just things being changed by the companies or re-branding but they claim it's been like this all along and you cannot find any proof of it being the way you remember. Almost. People have found memorabilia that proves it being different and certain famous lines from the movies being spoken in other movies the way many people remember but the original claims otherwise.

HERE is a video that has proof of several Mandela effects being different in the past.

Another thing that actually freaked me out was the video of president Kennedy being shot. We all watched those videos and I never remember seeing his brains being blown out. Literally. HERE's a video if you want to refresh your memory. Also how did the car get 6 seats all of a sudden?

How do you remember these things?

Linking to Paint Party Friday.
Self-study classes: Cotton Candy Girls & Crazy Hair Ladies
email youtube twitter pin fb rss blog

Share/Save/Bookmark

27 comments:

  1. awe I love your girl with the balloons. Very interesting post today. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute art today... balloons are always happy for me. Interesting info in today's post and not to decide if I really want to see JFK's brains flying... I think I'll stick to the edited version I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is nice, Natasha
    I would like to get into the fun. I will add to your sketch next week, add a link back your post when posting to PPF

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of the Mandela effect, but it sounds interesting. Your sketch is very cute and love the way it evolved. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The balloon girl is so cute. I love the color combinations. Its always great to see how the same picture looks in different colors and how it can change the whole feel and scene. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet creation ~ love the balloon girl, balloons and scarf ~ thanks ~ lovely!

    Wishing you a Happy Weekend ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic artwork! Darling image! Thanks for sharing your creative process! Happy PPF :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girls with balloons so cute and colorful. This is a very interesting post this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely girl and great to see the progress!
    Interesting - now I know what the Mandela effect is.. Thank you!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. our memories are an interesting thing to consider.
    not something we can necessarily count on. it seems all our experiences have impressions and influences on our perceptions.

    lovely sketching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your background and birds. Interesting observations about memory.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fascinating post and great round robin artwork.
    Happy PPF and weekend to you

    ReplyDelete
  13. interesting post. Maybe we constantly interpret and re create what has been already created. sweet child illustration. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Luke, I am your father" is a good example of the effect, most people say that all the time and only stop arguing with me over it when I show them a movie clip lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your adorable girls. I think mothers have the Mandela affect when it comes to their kids. Never correctly remember how it was when their kids were young, then mommy shaming. Interesting read!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really cute drawing and interesting post. I have been aware of things (quotes) usually that become with time somewhat different from the way they began, but I never knew it had a name. Mandela effect

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely illustration, Natasha! I have never heard of the Mandela effect. I had never thought he had died earlier than 2013 but it's interesting to know that a lot people were confused because they thought he'd already died.

    ReplyDelete
  18. it's interesting to note how certain changes and/or additions give a different feel the almost same image. Also interesting to hear about Mandela effect, I hadn't heard of it. Even I hadn't thought that he died before 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your girls with the balloons!
    Funny you brought up the Mandela effect, because I was reading up about it too. Makes you think, doesn't it??
    Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Never heard of the Mandela effect, but it's definitely weird .... (and interesting!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your girl with the balloons! I'm not sure I've been aware of the "Mandela effect"

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your girls with balloons are really sweet and charming! I've never heard of the Mandela effect!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a sweet girl! Sounds like a great collaboration. I haven't heard of the Mandela effect, but it's interesting - but also slightly scary. I wonder if some of the misquotes might have to do with translations from other languages. In German, it is definitely "Spieglein, Spieglein an der Wand", ie. mirror mirror on the wall. Or at least I think so...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the birds and the girls. I remembered hearing of his death, but also that he was alive. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  25. And here is this week at my blog Natasha
    added to the balloon round

    much love...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top