Friday, December 9, 2016

Penguins

Round Robin is a set of 3 cards which one artist starts, send to another to add something to the set and then sends to the third artist to finish everything. Each artist keeps a card that's why there are 3 in a set.

I started the set with the penguin, Miss M added the one with antlers and Linda4atc finished it with the background.

Since it's a holiday season and it's time for gifts let me confess I'm not very patient when it comes to gift giving. I'm the kind of person that gets what I want and/or need at the time when I want and/or need it. I suck at waiting and planning.

That's how my kid ends up with loads of toys. I bought some great stuff months ago thinking it would make a lovely gift but I ended up giving it to him straight away. I'm just so exited with new things and I can't wait to see my kid get excited when he gets new things.

I actually had to stop myself from buying gifts because I knew they won't last until holiday season. Now it's December and all bets are off. I bought a firefighter truck bed for him which already arrived but luckily we need to assemble it, that's why it's still waiting to be given as a gift to him. :) Oh, and since his birthday is in February, I did buy him one of those wooden balance bikes. Again I'm lucky it needs to be put together, so it's waiting in his room for now. I'm good at procrastinating so that works for me.

You can imagine how hard it is for me to plan any kind of sale. I already buy everything as I go along so when the sales come I bang my head against the wall for not waiting and getting a deal or I'm buying stuff I don't really need but you know, it's cheap so why not.

It's tricky though, buying gifts, because I want to wait until later but as I've been proven lately, something goes wrong and you can't get to the store on time and you're shopping for gifts on your way to the party. It's either the kid gets ill, or the car breaks down, or I'm sure it will start snowing soon and the roads will be a mess and so on.

We have three gift giving traditions here. First is on 6th Dec. when it's St. Nicholas bringing little something, usually fruit and maybe a toy. Our kid was given a kid accordion which he adores. :) Then it's Santa Claus on Christmas day and Grandpa Frost on New Years. Some celebrate all three, some only two or one. It depends on the family tradition. I grew up with Grandpa Frost and usually some fruit for St. Nicholas. Santa Claus came later when there was greater outside influence from abroad.

Linking to Paint Party Friday.
Self-study classes: Cotton Candy Girls & Crazy Hair Ladies
email youtube twitter pin fb rss blog

Share/Save/Bookmark

8 comments:

  1. I love the penguins! So cute!!!
    You made me laugh about gift giving! I'm like that too, but I have to admit, I'm getting better!
    I love your traditions with St. Nicholas, Santa Claus and Grandpa Frost!! So much fun!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the round robin piece. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and the results are gorgeous. So cute too. Happy PPF to you :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling penguins, Natasha May. BTW I couldn't get your link on PPF to work. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable penguins...so very festive!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Round Robbin art is very cute and festive. I want people to open gifts as I give them too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Natasha May, Your round robin is adorable! I love seeing the additions with each round. And you brought a smile to my face with your description of gift giving and buying. I can totally relate to your feelings of wanting to give the gift immediately!
    ~~ Irene

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a fun idea, and so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top