Friday, September 2, 2016

Moley Art

Moley is a Japanese Moleskine accordion style pocket album, approximate size is 3.5" x 5.5". There's a group of 10 players that send this journal to each other and interpret the chosen theme of the Moley on a 3 page spread. We choose a theme for our Moley and do the first 6 pages. We have a sign in page (above) where all 10 players sign their name. I chose to do feathers in hair because I love feathers and pink cotton candy hair.
Then a traveling plan to see how the Moley will travel. Some people get really inventive with this page doing treasure map style, road with pit stops, scrolls, etc. But I didn't feel like any of that would represent the theme of my Moley so I chose to do a portrait of a zetti Geisha and just write the names around it.
The next 3 pages set the theme for the Moley. My chosen theme is "Framed Portraits". Each page is a separate portrait of a person or an animal that is framed as a picture. I chose to do a girl with her fox that was inspired by the handmade stamp I did not long ago. A girl with big hair that I'm inspired doing lately. And a French Bulldog that I did a while ago and was impressed how well it turned out.
The kid got a new transportation. :)

Linking to Paint Party Friday.
Self-study classes: Cotton Candy Girls & Crazy Hair Ladies
email youtube twitter pin fb rss blog

Share/Save/Bookmark

10 comments:

  1. Your theme for your traveling art book is super. Fun to seek out the details on each portrait. Glad you are having fun with this.
    Your little one is adorable on his mobile.
    Wishing you a creative week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new moley art...the girl with the fox is fabulous, love the dog too!! Love Tristans new wheels...so fun, so are his little red runners!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great start to your traveling art book! I remember how much fun sending out and sharing art books round robin style. I still treasure my books and keep them on display! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these. You always inspire with the round robins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the feathers in the moley art journal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are always involved with such cool things!! I love this idea! And, I love what you created in your part of the journal! Your little one is driving already?? LOL! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I love the little car!! I bet he is loving it! So cute!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is really cool! I love the idea of a collaborative book

    ReplyDelete
  9. Framed portraits are great. .. love the pups. You little one is adorable. . .great car. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea of a traveling book. I like the feathers in her hair. I like feathers too, although i need a little work on mine. So how many hours did it take you to pry his little hands off his new car? I am sure he is having fun! Hugs, Rasz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top