Friday, January 15, 2016

Portraits

Some ATCs I've done a while back. Not my usual style but I like them. It's like they've mature a bit. :)

Random stuff:
  • I got a new photo camera for New Years. I broke mine a long time ago and I didn't want to buy a new one so I borrowed my mom's which I dropped on the floor recently. It's still working but has glitches occasionally. 
  • Do your loved ones ask you what you want for a present? Mine do that constantly and it's somewhat annoying because I usually get what I want when I want it, so I have no idea what to tell them when they ask me for present ideas. And it seems kind of lazy on their part. 
  • Luckily for them, this year my camera broke so of course I had to find a new one. That's the other thing. I have to find a present myself, go get it and they pay for it. Which doesn't really feel like I'm getting a present since I'm doing all the work.
  • So, I found the camera I like in the price range I was comfortable with and I ordered it on-line. The baby woke up, I fed him and we went grocery shopping with my mom. I go to a shop I don't usually go to but somehow I was there that day. I glance at the cameras they have and I find a newer model of the same camera I ordered an hour ago and for less money. I was so upset with myself. Newer model meant 12x zoom instead of 8x. I wanted to reserve the camera so I could go home and cancel my order, if it was possible and then get back to buy this one. But I couldn't reserve it because it was the last one they had. Ok, to cut the suspense I figured, if it was meant to be, things were going to work out and they did. I canceled the order, got my money back and went to buy the newer model that was still waiting for me. I was happy. :)
Here's my baby boy after I cut his hair for the first time. Only a little lock on his forehead because it was getting in his eyes. From birth he had this mohawk going on and beneath it the hair was shorter anyway, so I didn't have to cut off a lot.

Linking to Paint Party Friday.
Self-study classes: Cotton Candy Girls & Crazy Hair Ladies


email youtube twitter pin fb rss blog

Share/Save/Bookmark

16 comments:

  1. So happy you got your camera! Yeh! I like your mature girls! Beautiful! Give baby boy a hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe, he's losing his baby looks and getting to be more of a toddler now...
    Happy you found your perfect camera for now!
    Beautiful faces on your ATCs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice ATCs and an even cuter baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie pie your son is. I am glad the camera thing worked out. I like your ATC's too. I have some cards but never make any up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty ATCs and such an adorable boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like these ATCs the red head looks like Milla Jovovich. I don't mind my family asking me what I want for presents as that way I know I'll get something I do actually want! I usually drop lots of hints to S in the run up to birthdays and Christmas so he knows what I want anyway! That's good about your camera - I'm glad it worked out and you were able to get the newer model.
    Your little guy is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ATC's adorable little pumpkin with the haircut...glad you got your camera! I hate to waste money so does Cupcake we don't exchange gifts but we get what we need. I get practical gifts when I do buy something or give money.I think you kind of get out of the loop a bit for whats cool and what's not...however with you I'd get you some fun art supplies, or a gift card to an art store so you could have some fun in there!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. good that you got your camera, your ATCs are cute

    Happy PPF

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The girls in your ATCs have such great attitude.
    They are super.
    What a precious little boy you have there!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the intensity of your lady's eyes and love the dear little boy! He has such a rascal smile. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  11. The young women in your ATCs look great - they know who they are! :) Love your little boy with his haircut. So sweet!! And congrats on your new camera... xo Silke

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cutie patootie!
    I recently acquired a camera myself--I love it. I am driving everyone nuts snapping away. I'm so happy you got your new camera--what did you get--I'm dying to know!
    xo Dea

    ReplyDelete
  13. First, let me say your baby boy is so adorable. I feel like I have known him from before he was born! Cute as a button. Next, I really wanted fuzzy slippers for Christmas, so I was glad my kids asked what I wanted. Likewise, I hate to just give gift cards but when I don't know what someone really wants, that's the cop out. I ask, hoping for a range of price gifts that I can choose from. I feel like giving the gift card makes the giftee have to buy their own gift. I got 3 adult coloring books for Christmas, surely a life time supply. A friend of mine got 6 of them. One was more than enough. Thirdly, I carried around for years a camera that had the battery door taped shut. Two weeks after I got the thing, my dh dropped it and sprung the door. Now that he is gone, I have his camera, so I have retired the embarrassing camera. And Lastly, your ATCs are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful ladies and Tristan is sooo cute!
    Congrats on the new camera!!!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful ATCs and Adorable baby boy. I understand your pain, but yes, haircuts are necessary. :) Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top