Friday, December 26, 2014

Merry Christmas


Wishing you all Happy Holidays! :)

These are a bunch of ATCs I did for an Animal Christmas/Yule swap. I find them adorable. :)

Random stuff:
  • I had a package waiting for me at customs and they wanted to charge me 25€ (31$) of custom fees because the sender put down a value of 100$ for it. I refused to pay it and tried to convince the customs the value was a mistake. I can proudly say I won the battle. :) I only got charged 4€ in the end because they had to process it.
  • Lesson here is people, do not put value on your "personal" parcels going internationally because you only cause custom fees for the receiver. Do not think you get the value back if the parcel goes missing in transit unless you've paid for insurance as well. And even then you have to prove which objects were in the parcel and that they truly were worth the amount you wrote.
  • You know the saying that your pets are a reflection of the owner? Well, I need to figure out what the hell that means for me when I have one pet with allergies causing her paw inflammations, one pet with an eye problem and another one with a broken tooth.
  • Luckily we managed to fix the allergy one (for now) by throwing away a full 15 kg bag of kibble and replacing it with a more expensive one that is less allergenic.
  • The one with the eye problem I'm still waiting to see how it will go because the antibiotic did help but didn't fix the problem.
  • The tooth one is now toothless. One of his canine teeth broke off and we're scheduled for operation after New Year's to get the root out so it doesn't cause problems.
  • So there you go. Very entertaining holidays for me. :)
Linking to Paint Party Friday.

Self-study classes: Cotton Candy Girls & Crazy Hair Ladies
 

email youtube twitter pin fb rss blog

Share/Save/Bookmark

11 comments:

  1. really cute; Merry Christmas; you are welcome to link also to my 12 Days of Christmas

    http://myblog-lunchbreak.blogspot.com/2014/12/1559.html

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope ypur pets are recovering soon...
    Think the small pictures are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work, so cute!

    Smiles & Best Wishes, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute ATC's! The raccoon's hat is the best of xmas fashion:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your ATCs really are adorable! Here's wishing your pets all recover well without too much $

    ReplyDelete
  6. The animals ARE adorable and furthermore, they have terrific hats! I am so sorry to hear about the ailments with all your pets. So glad you're able to take care of them all and I'm sure they are happy little fellows! (And at least one big fellow, if I remember correctly!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your ATC's ♥♥♥♥ hope al of your pet issues are a thing of the past soon :) Our Furbabies can cause us so much worry but the love is worth it all ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear your poor babies...however I feel the pet food is the root of a lots of causes....it's not like it used to be!! Change it and see if the eye clears up! The tooth is probably age!!

    Love the Atcs I hope you put them in a little book for your new little one. They will make a terrific picture book for a child!! Wishing you a New Year filled with good health for you and your pets!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your poor puppies - we had to change our dog's food too for the same reason. Thanks for sharing your art too! Happy New Year from a PPF afficionado - Truffle Art. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you had a great Christmas ;o)
    I love your drawings! They are so cute ;o)
    I always put a low value on parcels I ship, but other people don't and I wish they would listen to me! I have been in your situation!
    So sorry about your pets! Are you and your man clumsy? LOL!
    Here's to a great 2015 ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry for your pet issues. I love the Christmas piggy. So cute. Blessings and Happy New Year, Janet, PPF

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top