Friday, October 17, 2014

Mixed media a-thon

There was an a-thon at the end of August on AFA. A-thon is an art marathon that is randomly scheduled for a certain number of days where you create art, mostly ATCs or other mail art, showcase them in the a-thon thread and trade like crazy. :)

I thought I'd show you I can do other media besides hand-drawn/hand-painted as well. :) The above two ATCs are made with alcohol inks for the background, stamping and collage.
I love a-thons that give challenges. For this one I had to go out of my comfort zone as I've relied on drawing for too long.

The keys are embossed with embossing powder. I was so glad that I didn't put all my crafting supplies in the attic when I was clearing my art room to make it into baby's room. :)
For the above one I got messy with acrylics again. It's been a long time since I painted. I usually just use watercolors and markers these days. The butterfly is collaged from a napkin.

I love how this one came out. :) It's a drawn dandelion on a white background with collaged butterfly post stamp and words.

Linking to Paint Party Friday.

Self-study classes: Cotton Candy Girls & Crazy Hair Ladies
 

email youtube twitter pin fb rss blog

Share/Save/Bookmark

14 comments:

  1. Very nice, glad you got your acrylics out to play again!! Looks like a very creative week!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. smashing results Natasha. Take care of yourself. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your work, especially the piece with the keys and the last one with the dandelions. Happy PPF and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a beautiful variety of ATCs Natasha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of the ATC's but that last one with the dandelion is my favorite! I do have a thing for dandelions and butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All really super ATCs. I love the two made with alcohol inks, especially the cat one and I really like the one with the keys on the printed page, I like the subtle and unusual colours on these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful. Well done
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all awesome Natasha Mae! The embossing powder would have scared me off a bit, but you handled it like a master. Each one is so unique and beautiful. The butterflies on both are pretty! I have to say my favorite one is the acrylic painted. I love the colors you used and the little details you added in. I would never have guessed that the butterfly was not painted by you! Great job on everything. You are so talented. Hugs, Rasz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone who puts their craft supplies up in the attic regrets it :) good thinking keeping them down. I LOVE the key piece. What fun work, thanks for sharing :) Happy Paint Party Friday!
    Tam Hess
    cardmakingartists.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such range & beauty! Glad you kept those supplies available, too.

    -Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just charming. I love butterflies and I adore dandelions. I like the detail you've put into these--so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful message and work!! I love the "live your dreams" - we should all see that every day to inspire us :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them all! You did really well ;o) I love the sayings on them too ;o)
    Big Hugs and I hope you and baby are doing well ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Dandelion is perfect. Whoa, it brings back many childhood memories. Thanks for that. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top