Friday, March 21, 2014

Red Riding Hood and random stuff

I have to share another Round Robin card that I just got back. Isn't it amazing! :) I did the Red Riding Hood. Did you know that Little Red Riding Hood was written by a French author Charles Perrault in 1697 based on folktale that was shared only orally prior to that? Grimm brothers rewrote it in the 19th century and also changed the ending.

Random stuff in my life right now:
  • I've been hearing about oil pulling for a while now and I ignored it because I thought it was that thing where you put oil on your face to extract oil and dirt or whatever. But then I finally clicked on the link and read what the fuss is about. So, oil pulling is putting oil in your mouth and swishing it around for 20 minutes and it has reportedly great benefits. So I tried it with coconut oil, why not?! :) I've been doing it for about 2 weeks now. Read HERE to familiarize yourself about it.
  • I've also signed up for 30 days Yoga challenge. I'm taking a class already twice a week but this everyday yoga is awesome. Go HERE to sign up. It's FREE.
  • It is very likely that I will be in Prague, Czech Republic from April, 11th to April, 14th. I really want to go to Teal's synchronization workshop and I'm keeping my fingers crossed all goes well. And since I've never been in Prague, hubby and I will make a mini trip out of it. It's like 6 hours by car from where I live but we will very likely take a train that will take 10-11 hours.
  • Easter is coming soon so here are some ideas how to color your eggs naturally without chemicals. Our tradition is to use onion skins with different grasses and leafs in a stocking.
Linking to Paint Party Friday.


email youtube twitter pin fb rss blog

Share/Save/Bookmark

17 comments:

  1. your Little red Riding Hood card is fabulous-I just love how this turned out!! I never heard of the oil thing and I'll check the link but have no desire to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your round robin! Swishing oil in your mouth for 20 minutes ...!? YUK! So do you feel different after doing it for 2 weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. While Red's tale is among the scariest, no matter how it is told, it still seems to be beloved.
    Congratulations on continuing for two weeks with the oil pulling!
    Several of us are revisiting OZ. Please come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your paintings. Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your version of Little Red Riding Hood is beautiful, Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful piece of group art and a great idea. I am doing a round robin journal swap at the moment but adding to the same piece of art is a whole new and awesome thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the original version did the wolf gobble up Red Riding Hood? Love the card and good luck with all your new adventures. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome round robin piece! I got lost reading about the oil...amazing...sent it to my daughter too! Thanks for these tidbits!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. your little miss is wonderful
    amazing to think this tale is from1697!! wahoo, that is great.

    i have tried oil pulling but not stuck with is
    yoga.... well it is so awesome and keeps me feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Red Riding Hood looks great! I love round robins too. You never know what you'll get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nat,

    Happy I dropped by! Love Red Riding Hood. I knew it was an old fairy tale but not as old as that.

    So as for the health links….so appreciated and I have joined the Yoga challenge and will definitely try the oil pulling. My you are one informative gal and so happy you shared all this with us. Will let you know how I do : )

    Annabelle m..m

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Little Red Riding Hood ;o) Adorable! I have never heard about swishing oil in your mouth? Interesting! Have fun with Yoga and everything else! I hope it warms up for Easter! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute red ridinghood! Enjoy your yoga course - i always feel so awesome after yoga but i dont do it enough!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your Red ridinghood is very pretty .... so many of the stories are very old, and came through oral tells...
    Fun that it was a round robin piece.
    I have done some oil pulling, do qigong almost daily, so nice to have a steady practice...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Red Riding Hood - and so many cool facts on your blog this week! Im checking out the oil swishing now! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGosh the facial features on the BBW (big bad wolf) are amazing, creative and so identifying. Great creativity. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have just been reading the Grimm version of little red riding hood. Now i want to go find the original version!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top