Friday, November 29, 2013

Book 11 and B&W

I'm sorry I haven't done the 10th book. I read it but I didn't feel inspired to make any art journaling for it. And even now I'm cheating as this is an ATC and not an art journal entry.

However, I found out recently that I enjoy doing these black and white versions on ATCs. It's a phase I'm sure but I love how simplistic they feel.

The eleventh book for The Artful Readers Club is
by Trish Marie Dawson

Book's Blurb:
Piper Willow dies the summer after her high school graduation and finds herself in a spiritual terminal called the Station. She's given only two choices: Move on to the unknown where she'll be faced to spend an eternity in her own personal hell or be trained as a Volunteer and return to Earth as the subconscious for a person in need of outside assistance. Does Piper have what it takes to save a life, to be the nagging voice inside another person's head? Or will she fail and end up lost and tormented...forever?

My review:
5*
This is a powerful and heartfelt story of a girl’s suffering. The author spares us nothing and goes right in from one incident to another. I did not expect what happened next. I thought it was going to be a cry for help and we’ll see how Piper overcomes her difficulties but I was wrong. I must say the author took a really interesting road to address this certain choice. Not that I agree with the concept in reality but it’s an exciting idea to explore. We get to see how she handles her two assignments and I just love how it’s all presented. I was kind of expecting or rather hoping the end result because I have a feeling a love story will unwind in the next book for sure.

Here are some unrelated b&w ATCs that I made for a swap.

Linking to Paint Party Friday.


P.S. To my Cotton Candy Girls students, I've sent out a class update for my August group but I'm letting you know here as well just in case. The end of the month is almost here and these are the last few days for you to download all the class material. It won't be available anymore after Dec. 1st.

To anyone interested in taking my Crazy Hair Ladies class, click on the image below. It's our final lesson next week but the class will be open until February.

http://natashamay.blogspot.com/p/on-line-workshop.html



Share/Save/Bookmark

20 comments:

  1. Great art... a little sparse on the review, but we cannot have everything, can we? Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added the official book blurb. I forgot before. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. O, kva je dobra tale tetica. Pa Jack mi je tut všeč. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ATC's Natasha. This monochrome is such a different feel for your work and it works very well. I find it quite a challenge to paint this way as you have 'nothing to hide behind' The beauty is in its simplicity :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the B & W portrait too. The concept of the book is an interesting one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ATCs are really cute and I especially love the first one of the girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe you didn't do the art for book 10. How terrible! I hope you are properly ashamed, and... okay, I can't continued this deception. I was just teasing.

    As always, your art touches me deeply. And I think black and white, grey, in-between is a perfect way of portraying the girl and the situations taking place in this book. It sounds like a tale I might want to read.

    P.S. The story makes me think of Harry and Dumbledore at the station when Harry is between life and death ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what? It was free on Amazon and I snatched it!

      Delete
  7. oh I just love your little B&W ATC's keep rockin em out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your B/W ATC's, so effective. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. have a nice Friday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your monochrome ATCs Natasha! Sometimes just doing something different regardless of how long it lasts can rejuvenate your muse and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great atc's Natasha!! I really like this new style monochrome. Very beautiful!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your ATC's .... black and white is the rage you know ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're right, these b&w atc's are really special ....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving your new art!! The black and white is excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to learn more about this book. It sounds like something I would really enjoy. And I also love the black and white ATC. It really works well, I think. BTW, ATCs are legitimate art forms, and I was impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You write, and illustrate, beautifully Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful artwork as always, it's good to go through phases with art and then move onto something else, it keeps us fresh and interested in what we are doing. Gotta go with the passion and wherever it takes us.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top