Friday, September 20, 2013

Klimt inspired ladies and fear of flying

Later today I'll be on the plane to Cyprus. Have I told you my hubby doesn't like to fly? Yes, it's an interesting experience every time I make him go on the plane. :)

One time he got drunk because he thought it would make it better but it only scared the shit out of him even more. :) So he learned his lesson.

The last time he had to fly was on our way to Seychelles and he bought some pills for it, don't ask me which, that he forgot in his luggage. He was so panicky that he bought another set of pills in Paris airport while we were waiting to transfer planes.

I'm just going to say that he doesn't speak French and the woman selling this stuff in the pharmacy didn't speak good English. Enough to say that he doesn't remember how we got to the hotel. :) He was functional and he appeared normal but he has very sketchy memories of the plane, the bus, the boat and the car that we had to take to the hotel.

I'll let you know how it went this time around when we get back.

I love flying, btw, so I have no understanding for him. :)

Anyway, above are two ATCs with Klimt inspired ladies for this week's Paint Party Friday.


email youtube twitter pin fb rss blog

Share/Save/Bookmark

27 comments:

  1. Funny! Safe travel, love the ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your take on Klimt is perfect , love your ATC's :) Great work !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous art..so beautifully done..dazzling faces and colors! And funny story about your hubby!
    Wishing you a lovely day!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work, Natasha May. Flying used to be heaps of fun with the lavish lunches, no body checks, and all. Now I join your dh in not wanting to fly ever again, but I probably will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with hubby in Cyprus! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful artwork and great story about your poor hubby.
    Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your Klimt ladies, a fresh interpretation and I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Klimt ladies are wonderful- my favorite is the one on the right- her hair just calls to me! Have a safe and relaxing (as relaxing as you can) plane ride and then a fabulous trip! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Klimt ladies. I hope your husband isn't too stressed by the flight and you both have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big like on your girls, have a nice stay in Cyprus :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous! Greetings form Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha, your poor husband - I can totally relate with him although I'm not so bad yet that I've ever gotten drunk or taken pills to get me through a flight! I never used to mind flying but as I've gotten older I've developed a fear. I'm claustrophobic so I always have to have an aisle seat so my poor husband ends up squashed in the middle sear when we fly together! I hope you have a fantastic holiday in Cyprus - I'm sure you will!

    Your Klimt inspired ladies are gorgeous - I can totally see the Klimt inspiration but they're just so you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Klimt ladies, good luck on the travel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Safe flight! I'm a huge fan of Klimt and I picked your influence straight away, wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your poor hubby! My mom won't even get on a plane! She use to, but know more! I hope you have a safe journey and a great trip! Will be thinking of the both of you! Love the ATC'S ;o) xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hilarious! I hope you have a great trip! I love Klimt, and your Klimt inspired pieces are lovely! Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love love love your Klimt inspired girls...wow they are gorgeous!! Enjoy your trip! Hope hubby doesn't get too fearful this time!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally jealous of your trip! The Klimt girls are wonderful! Have fun in the sun :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both the paintings are lovely . Wishing you a great trip

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the Klimt-like details in your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I completely empathize with your hubby. I used to fly and love it, but although I am over the phobia, I sill feel quite uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wonderful ladies!!!! have a safe flight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I totally understand Hubby. I drank on the way over to Bahamas on the boat and turned green. I didn't have a drop to drink on the way back and was just as sick. The ocean was like glass. . .go figure. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love flying too! I get so excited I bounce around like a little kid - no I am not a sophisticated + cool traveller! Have fun away

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, I hope you share lots of photos....I would love to see Cyprus!

    Love the girlies...Klimt had a way with pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the ladies. They are very fun and delightful.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top