Friday, August 16, 2013

Stringy haired girl

This is an ATC (Artist Trading Card) I made during the  scavenger hunt and A-thon I talked about LAST time. I had to use tissue paper, yarn and postage stamp.

Here's some random stuff for you:
  • my cat Charlie broke my glass bowl in which I held my crystals at 5:30 a.m. on Wednesday morning. I was not happy picking up crystals and sweeping the glass this early in the day. I went back to bed afterwards. No need to be up at that hour. :)
  • I had to make a list of crystals I own so I could check if any ran away. :) Luckily I hold a record of them in some way or another so I could put it all together. But why do they have such strange names? My Word spell check is going crazy.
  • we had rain on Wednesday. I love it when it rains but what I don't like is the drop of temperature. We went from 40°C to 15°C over night.
  • I bought Chocolate scented shower gel. Wow! I want to lick my own skin. 
  • we have a lot of grasshoppers this year and they are all living in our house. Seriously, we remove 3-5 every day. I'm using "we" very loosely as I have little to do with it apart from telling my hubby to save the creature before the cats get it. They are huge and they jump and I'm not going near them. :)
  • hubby took me to the movies the other day and we watched Now You See Me with Morgan Freeman and I totally loved it. Awesome movie!
  • I've seen Isla Fisher in a few Hollywood movies now which is so exciting as I remember watching her in a couple of Australian TV series back in 1995 when I was visiting relatives.
  • is anybody else excited to see City of Bones movie? It comes out on the 29th August in my country. I read the books and I don't quite remember what happened in them but I remember loving the books. :) Take a look at the trailer.

Cotton Candy Girls Workshop started August 5th, 2013 and is exactly the same as the previous two and it's still just 25$. We're on our second lesson but you can still join us. Go register HERE.

Ayala Art is having a blog birthday giveaway. Go check it out by clicking the cupcake. :)

Linking to Paint Party Friday.


email youtube twitter pin fb rss blog

Share/Save/Bookmark

24 comments:

  1. I love the hair! What an awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stringy haired girl Natasha.... she is wonderful... and mmmmm chocolate scented shower gel sounds heavenly... really want to see that movie too... both Morgan and Isla are fabulous....

    Happy PPF...
    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your girl, wish i could make my hair look like that! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate scented showergel ...!?? Hmmm. I love chocolate but i don't think I would want to bathe in it ... ☺ Your ATC is very original! love the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what great haur idea! wow! and yes .. the shower gel would be mine... I love all about chocolate! even to bathe in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're Having FUN! lovely work & hair! This film is out now here. I am hoping to get to see it, looks like an exciting film, but the Lone Ranger comes first lol Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card, she is so original with her lovely string hair and kookaburra stamp top. What a shock you must have got being woken up to the sound of Charlie breaking your glass bowl at that time in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card. I love her hair and her stamp shirt. Happy PPF and please don't eat the shower gel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your lady with the string hair is beautiful. I love how you used the postage stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever hair. I like how you used the postage stamp as part of her dress. Very original piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Card Lady with this
    amazing hair and dress. Wonderful!
    Happy PPF and hugs
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, this is so cool, love her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a very clever and creative way you have chosen to use your required bits-love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This ATC is sooo cool!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great ATC, I love all the textures and the use of the stamp!!! I wouldn't touch grasshoppers with a ten foot pole either! lol I hope ur workshop is going successfully!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stringy hair and stamp body, how great is this! xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love her hair, fabulous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the unusual ATC girl with her string hair. So perfectly arranged and carefully arranged. If I tried to do this it would look like the wild woman of the west.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You want to lick your own skin! LOL! So so sorry to hear about your bowl and crystals! Your atc rocks!! Very cool ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That ATC is wonderful. Your post is so funny - wanting to lick your own skin - too fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. such a cute string hair gal!
    oh, i want to see this movie, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this ATC Her hair looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow using yarn on the ATC. . .my fave Morgan Freeman movie is Magic of Belle Isle. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  24. The yarn hair is great! I thought it was a much bigger piece til I saw the stamp and read that she was an ATC. Wow!

    I'm the bug catcher in my house.....but, I think I'd be grimacing at those huge grasshoppers while I was putting it outside...holding it as far away from me as my arms would reach....haha!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top