Friday, July 26, 2013

Book 7 and a Ninja

The seventh book for The Artful Readers Club is 

My review:
5*
This book was pretty amazing. I actually saw some quotes from this series on FB and I thought they were freaking hilarious. I just had to get the book and see what it was about. Charley is such a fun character and I totally adored her sarcasm and wit. It was entertaining to read about all the trouble she got herself into. Her scenes with Reyes were pretty smoking and I loved how we found out more about him through her investigation. This author has a very enticing writing style and you could hear me laughing out loud on several occasions. Awesome read!

Quotes:
“You named your breasts?”
I turned my back to him with a shrug.
“I named my ovaries, too, but they don’t get out as much." ~ Derinda Jones, First Grave on the Right

"I may not look like much, but I’m an expert at pretending to be a ninja." ~ Derinda Jones, First Grave on the Right

Linking to Paint Party Friday.

P.S. We have winners!
Rafflecopter on my blog chose Natasha White and Random.org chose Heidi Garrett Fantasy Fairytale Author on my FB page giveaway. CONGRATULATIONS! You each won a FREE space on my August, 2013 Cotton Candy Girls On-line Workshop.

Cotton Candy Girls Workshop starts August 5th, 2013 and is exactly the same as the previous two and it's still just 25$. Go register HERE.





email
youtube
twitter
pin
fb
rss
blog

Share/Save/Bookmark

32 comments:

  1. The book sounds great fun Natasha and loving the artwork, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ninja girl. Very sexy! And yay that I won. I am very excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work, but I think we have a different taste in books! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sexy ninja ;P
    I read 7 books while on vacation, too.....that's the only time I read! Otherwise, my mind doesn't relax enough to enjoy it cuz I'm thinking of other stuff that needs to get done....haha!

    This looks like one to remember for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Ninja is wonderful.....or should I say pretend ninja!! Nicely done!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you loved your book so much this month - it sounds like fun! and I am loving your super sexy ninja girlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She has quite the nice tushie! Love the quotes, I'll have to check out the book. Happy Paint Party Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love silly stories...in fact I haven't started my book yet, so I may just go for something similar :D Love your pretend ninja babe lol :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ninja girl's sketch is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your ninja girl and the little quotes! Good luck with your workshop thats quickly approaching!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the ninja!
    Happy PPF,
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Ninja girl! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a terrific little drawing in a lovely texty frame! It sounds like you really had a great time reading this - lots of fun. Thanks for sharing. Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your illustration!! Congrats to the winners of your class.Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had to laugh at the ovaries and breasts. That was TOO funny. I'm still laughing. Love the artwork, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, your ninja is so cute! ♥
    This sound like a must read! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great ninja girl! Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  18. If the book is like the quote example you gave then I'd like to read it! I love your little ninja girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Ninja is wicked and sexy ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome ninja girl! I think I would love to read that book, sounds great! <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ninja girl is terrific - she does have a nice bottom - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like a fun read...and your art reflects that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. When I grow up, I want to be an expert at being a ninja. Then I'll name my breasts LOL

    I'm totally in love with those swords and that dress. I think I said that before... well, I still am ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Haha... awesome post! Stopping in from PPF to say hello!
    Happy creating...
    Renee
    xoxo
    www.fussitup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super ninja girl. Very feisty. So glad you enjoyed the read!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your artwork and the way it illustrates a character and quote from the book, and the breast/ovaries quote gave me a good laugh. Not a book for me but I enjoyed the review.

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE the breast/ovaries quote - don't you just love how people think! Great piece of work you have done. I've missed you - sorry I haven't been around much. Under the weather, but back up and running now - so hopefully I'll be able to get back to my friends in blog land. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your quotes did make me smile as id your enthusiasm for the book :)

    Your Ninja girl is fabulous and so full of attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Full of attitude indeed! Love the quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sounds like a fun read, love the quotes. Great Ninja girl.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sounds like a fun book, it's always a good sign when people start quoting the book. Love your ninja girl,great pose.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top