Friday, June 7, 2013

Hobbits and Summer of Color

Summer of Color is starting again. I always have so much fun with this challenge. The very first time I participated, I decided to make ATC's and that's when I got obsessed with them for a long time. I haven't done any lately but I'm on my way back as I entered a swap after taking a little break.

Random thoughts:
  • I realized I still have winter tires on my car. Basically because my hubby is driving it and he's terrible at taking care of cars. An oxymoron for a man, I know!
  • I finally got me some crystals. And that's because I bought them over the internet. I still haven't managed to go to the crystal shop in the city. I'm really terrible with going into the city. When I lived there I had no problem stopping at places that were on my way. If I had to go to the old part of the city, I really had to talk myself into it for months before it really happened. Not because it was terrible but because it was inconvenient. It's the same way now going to the city. It's inconvenient and there has to be a big reason for me to go.
  • I once missed a Joss Stone's concert like that because it was outdoors and it was raining. Inconvenient even though the concert was like 10 minutes away by foot. 
  • I had to Google what Hobbits looks like. I thought that Hobbit was some mythological creature like elves but it's actually a made up word by Tolkien. (the guy who wrote Lord of the Rings) They are approx. 4 feet tall people that look human but with slightly pointy ears. They have brown curly hair and wear green velvet breeches with a red or yellow west topped with brown or green jacket with gold buttons and deep green hood or cloak. They are barefoot with leathery soles and curly hair on top of their feet. I did not know their description was so precise.
If you missed it, check out my newsletter HERE. If you like it, you might like to subscribe to get the next one straight into your inbox. Subscribe box is on top left side of my blog or click HERE.

Linking to Paint Party Friday and June Guys 2013. Have a fabulous weekend!



Share/Save/Bookmark

22 comments:

  1. Great portrait!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful hobbit
    love that you googled hobbits
    gosh, missing Joss Stone.....
    enjoy your crystals
    i have been making crystals the last couple of days.... in paintings that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Hobbit, who knew there was even a description for them. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute hobbit.....funny about your hubby and cars and I know exactly what you mean about going to the city. I always find it a chore now. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your Hobbit! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, that's a hobbit! Very handsome guy!
    Happy PPF ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Natasha, I love your Hobbit. I am a Little Tolkien Fan, so it is a pleasure to see him!
    Happy PPF
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love ur Hobbit! I had no idea the description was do precise either lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your hobbit illustration! Looks like I should get something done for the Color challenge-I didn't realize we have our color combo chosen for this week...happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Natasha! I love him!! Your research really paid off as he's a cutie. AND thank you so very much for joining the SOC again this year AND for helping me to spread the word in this way. Can't wait to see what you come up with, it wouldn't be the same without you, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your illustration of the hobbit is fantastic, Natasha May.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your hobbit! I didn't realize the description was so precise either! I think you need to get those snow tires off! They won't be good for the winter!! Crystals? I love crystals ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your hobbit too! Very cute! And i have lots of crystals, i think i got mine at craft shows and festivals!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Natasha, I love that you are not afraid to try anything! Love the Hobbit and especially his chin! Brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet hobbit! Love the colors, so fresh! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful Hobbit and great use of the colour combination:) I have just subscribed to your news letter:))

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your hobbit - I loved the Lord of the Rings movies even though for years I didn't watch them as I didn't think I liked that sort of genre but then my husband said to give them a go as he had the box set and once I started watching them I couldn't wait till the new Hobbit movie came out. I actually read a book recently about the origins of the human species and it mentioned a type of human called a hobbit which were tiny but they were wiped out by homo sapiens like all the other types of humans were along the way. I had never realised they were a real thing. I wish I could remember the name of the book but it was really interesting. Google did Hobbits exist and it'll tell you about them!
    You sound just like me with your story of not being bothered to go into town. I'm just like that and even more now that we have to drive to get to the nearest shops - it means being more organised and not forgetting anything when I do eventually go shopping. I once didn't go to a Lighthouse Family gig that I'd won tickets to just because I couldn't be bothered leaving the house and going into Dublin where I lived near to at the time - it wasn't even because I was old as I was only in my 20s at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You hobbit is So fun!! I have friends who are crazed about hobbits and gnomes!! I like convenience too...especially now that I'm older...

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great art work and hope to see more of your lovely work at SOC.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Its always a pleasure to be here...your art is a treat !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am over hobbits, they are in my Lord of the Rings category, which is way, way off to the side. The country is obsessed I think. I don't get it, but I think I should try the books before I decide it is not for me completely. The movies...ugh. I fell asleep.

    All that said...I think your Hobbit is a fabulous rendition.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top