Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Freaky Wednesday

I'm doing Freaky Wednesdays in May because I have stuff to share with you. :) If I don't get bored, I might continue afterwards as well. Let's be surprised.

Last week I saw Denthe's tutorial and I immediately thought this would be a good one for Kristin Dudish' Tutorial Try-Out. So, I e-mailed her about it and she decided it would be this week's featured tutorial. :) If you decide to try it out, link your creations to Kristin's post and send Denthe a link, too, because she would love to see it. Her words, not mine. :)

Freaking awesome Etsy Shop to check out:
Thanks to Denthe's Promote your Etsy shop campaign, I have 5 shops that I will share with you this month. The third one is ThisLilPiggyShoes.

Oh my gosh! Look at those cute baby shoes! If you have a baby you must get some. She also has bibs available and those adorable ankle cuffs with bells. Awesome right!?

To check out previous Etsy shops that I helped promote, go HERE and HERE.

Hey, did you read any good books lately?
Of course I did. It's called Open Minds (Book One of the Mindjack Trilogy)This book had a unique story line.

I always cringe when I read about mind reading in a book but this is totally different. The whole society are mind readers and you’re actually an outsider or a zero if you don’t develop the skill. This was a thrilling read.

I did not expect the story to go the way it did. It kept surprising me and I did not see Simon’s “situation” coming. Even though he was a fishy character I believed his heart was in the right place when it came to Kira. I was actually sorry about what happened to him.

Kira was a great character, strong and with a sound mind even though she was thrust into something she didn’t understand. I loved how this book ended even though it was frustrating that the government managed to cover up most of it. Awesome read.


Is there a movie I should see?



Inception might be one of my all time favorite movies. It's from 2010 so you might have seen it already, if not, go get it now. I can't seem to find any newer films that I like but if I do, I'll let you know. :)





Tip of the week:

Funny sh*t:


An inspirational Wednesday quote:
Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.
~ Mel Brooks

Freaking YouTube:



Share/Save/Bookmark

14 comments:

  1. loving your wonderful abstract painting Natasha.
    Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like stained glass NatashaMay! The video - definitely freaky. unfortunately or fortunately, I relate to Mel Brooks' sense of humour! hugs, donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your painting! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Denthe painting is wonderful, I love the simplicity of it and the colours. I'm hoping to post mine today, but after seeing yours and Kristin's I'm so struck by the beauty of them that I am feeling a bit reluctant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tutorial-tryout Natasha. It's so interesting the different paintings that people do with the same technique. Love seeing them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Freaky Wednesdays are so much fun!
    Denthe's tutorial was a great suggestion, and yours turned out great - I love the way the geometric shapes look with your beautiful girl :)
    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colorful artwork and Inception is definitely in my top ten list of great movies!!!! :) Damn Youtube is addictive I feel like I fell down the rabbit hole and it was really hard to get out!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat post with wonderful variety of suggestions and video and wonderful quote ~ Enjoy ^_^ and love all your animals photos ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your art is so colorful and fun! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you will visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this post here Natasha. I too tried a geometric pattern painting today.I love how yours have evolved with all that beautiful colors on the girl.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your funny shit! LOL! Your drawing is amazing! Love the shapes and colors ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I'm behind again on the tut try-outs. Not done last weeks yet! Lalala - will have a play in the shed this weekend ;) Yours is fabulous, I love the colours you used!

    I have yet to see Inception... but I want to. I definitely want to - I wonder if it's on Netflix.

    Laughing at your funny video's :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have got my painting half finished, I need to get in and finish it. I also wonder if I player with it too far and didn't do it right after looking at yours!

    I may start another one as well! Love how yours came out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is some weird thing going on with my firefox browser, which won't let me comment on your blog, but I just downloaded chrome and that is okay! Madness. I just finished my faces and I see I have already commented, but somehow I missed the adorable baby shoes you found. Oh my gosh...the cuteness!!! I wish I knew someone having a baby!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top