Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Freaky Wednesday and Audrey Hepburn

I'm doing Freaky Wednesdays in May because I have stuff to share with you. :) If I don't get bored, I might continue afterwards as well. Let's be surprised.


The Audrey Hepburn portrait was done following the Watercolor Portrait tutorial that I've found at Kristin Dudish' Tutorial Try-Out.

Freaking awesome Etsy Shop to check out:
Thanks to Denthe's Promote your Etsy shop campaign, I have 5 shops that I will share with you this month. First one is dentheARTS.

She has an assortment of prints, postcards and poetry cards that I totally love. And you should go and check out the rest of her shop. I really admire her artistic style.


Hey, did you read any good books lately?
As matter of fact I did. Apocalypsis: Book 1 (Kahayatle)was a really enjoyable read. I like how friendship developed between Peter and Bryn and later Bodo. I could really hear the German accent in my mind. I was nearly peeing myself from laughter while reading the scene in the orange grove. I did feel though on a couple of occasions the author maybe went a little too far with stereotypes. But I liked how Bryn wasn’t politically correct and she was tougher than all the guys there. A great read.


Is there a movie I should see?




Memoirs of a Geisha. It's a movie from 2005 but I've only seen it recently. It was surprisingly good and entertaining.





Tip of the week:

Funny sh*t:

An inspirational Wednesday quote:
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~ Bertrand Russell

Freaking YouTube:




Share/Save/Bookmark

13 comments:

  1. Love Audrey, great painting! And lots of other funny stuff, good! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Freaky Wednesdays already! lots of fun stuff, love that cat! Audrey is very well done, I really need to try out that technique .... Thanks so much for the Etsy-promotion, it'll be such fun to see all the shops and the different ways of promoting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fab post the cat ha ha ha and this tutorial is SO on my to do list love your version. Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. More great entertainment NatashaMay! Love Audrey - adore the British Girl's story! I was trying to think of one that could beat it, but there isn't one - at least not for me. Great Freaky Wednesday - do it some more. hugs, Donna ps: The kitty video --- brrrrhahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your Audrey! I actually have that exact black and white image on a t-shirt but she has been all zombified :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s - that cat! I'm still chuckling as I type!

    ReplyDelete
  7. terrific post and loving your fab Audrey, xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love how yours came out. I definitely want to play with this more. I have Memoirs of a Geisha on my to read list, maybe Iii will see the movie first. Love all your other links!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Audrey is amazing!!! LOVE that orange - I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great post - I think your freaky Wednesday is super cool!
    I love the color you chose for Audrey... It really came out beautifully!
    (I'm sooo glad you played along with the tutorial!)

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Audrey portrait is fabulous, just amazing! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that kitty! Made me smile big time ;o) Your orange Audrey is fantastic! I love her! Love the art you showed from that Etsy shop! Have a great one my friend ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top