Monday, April 15, 2013

Throat Chakra

Today's art journaling is all about my Throat Chakra. If you're wondering what this chakra stuff is all about hop on over to ChakrART FREE online Workshop where you can get all the information. And if you check out the pages menu you'll get all the info for each chakra to print or save as PDF.

I'm pretty sure this chakra was fucked up for me since birth. :) I had ear infections constantly when I was a kid until I got my adenoid, also known as a pharyngeal tonsil, operated when I was 4 I think.

I still have trouble communicating in a sense when I don't get to say what I want because often I get emotional and it prevents me from speaking without choking up so I just shut up. I'm much better with writing but I tend to censor myself a lot even if I write for myself because I've always had this fear of someone reading my thoughts.

That's why I like art journaling in this way where I cover up the writing with paint. This page holds a lot of my secrets. I must admit I did not meditate on this chakra so I just opted out for the symbol and words that represent it.


Share/Save/Bookmark

9 comments:

  1. Creative place to hold your secrets!I like the way you art journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful artwork, Natasha!
    You have understood perfectly the goal of this workshop. To communicate without too many words, just with images.
    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours you have used! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate. I too have a f*&%ed up throat chakra and it can be frustrating to say the least. I am starting the chakra workshop soon. I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't scared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great piece Natasha! I am like you, many of times, I just shut up! I don't want to argue, so many of times I keep things in. I think I am free when I paint. If I am upset, happy, or mad, it comes out then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I censor myself, too.....perhaps painting over what I really think is the way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may surprise you to hear that I too have the "emotional choking" problem...but I decided to splutter on and eventually the words came out clear and calm. Don't let embarrassment block your wisdom ...there might be someone out there desperate to hear it :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shades o blue you have used here.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I struggle with communicating what is my most vulnerable stuff as well. I am trying to work on this.

    Right now you are communicating to me how much I need to get my arse in gear and do this course!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top