Friday, April 12, 2013

8 steps to a Fabulous Face

Well, if you didn't know or you're not on Facebook let me inform you about this amazing FREE workshop called "Let's Draw & Paint Fabulous Faces" that has been running from April 8th to April 11th and was organized by Kat McBride. It's supposed to be already over but we have hair and background lesson today and tomorrow is the catch up day.

She has this 8 step tutorial on how to paint faces with glazes and I finally took the time to try it out. I didn't feel like drawing so I just printed out her template on watercolor paper.

Instead of the extender or whatever it's called I used matte medium and it was ok but I think it could be better because with matte/glazing medium you can accidentally take off paint or you push it around too much and it collects on the edge. At least that was my problem. I read from other students in this class that the difference is amazing, so I think a shopping trip will be in order in the near future.

Linking to Paint Party Friday.

And for everyone interested. There's a special promo going on at Society6.
*FREE Shipping* 
when you order from my Society6 Store. Please note that this promotion is only available through the link below. There also seems to be 10% discount on some items but it only shows when you put it in the shopping cart.


Promotion expires April 14, 2013 at Midnight Pacific Time.
*Offer excludes Framed Art Prints, Stretched Canvases and Throw Pillows with insert.*



Share/Save/Bookmark

30 comments:

  1. The face you are working on is just gorgeous, NatashaMay! I'll go have a boo and see what I can learn. Love your new shop - now I just have to win the lottery. xodonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the class too but have not tried the technique yet. You have done an excellent job. I love that you have two different colored eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder Natasha! I signed up for this but didn't get the chance yet to try it out. Seems I'll need to hurry now ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW I love what you did with the template! Gorgeous result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great painting - I wish I could get MY face to look like that in 8 steps! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This face is coming along beautifully and it will be interesting to see how this influences your work and how it develops after doing the class... it looks like you are getting a lot out of it...xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was here early and got side tracked by you links! This face is fab....love it!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific face! The nose and mouth in particular! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is coming along beautifully! I wish I had known about the class sooner as I have been wanting to do a watercolor portrait for some time now. Great start and can not wait to see the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your face:) It is so amazing with blue and green eyes!
    Happy PPF and hugs
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great face and it must be a fun and creative class. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the different colored eyes in your beautiful portrait1

    ReplyDelete
  13. she's stunning Natasha!! I'm rarely on FB but I will check out your link. Thanks for sharing. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty face! I am always up to see more faces ♥
    Is that class by email?

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very beautiful face. Its fun to get on to using some new techniques and some new materials... and a trip to the art store is always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the fact you have chosen to do two different coloured eyes. Think you have done brilliantly well without the extender. Am also doing this class and am already seeing the difference, although am still practicing at the moment on the skin tones. Not ready yet to be seen..........lol Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous face, especially the eyes are striking! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. it's a beauty! well done! i love her different colored eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful face, I love the one blue and one green eye! xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is so beautiful! I love the different colored eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the different colored eyes! I have a friend with eyes like that, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Natasha... she is darling... love the shading... and her sweet sweet face...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great face. Love the different color eyes.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  24. beautiful shading...and eyes!! I love to do faces and each one is unique. great to keep practicing too...happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous face - does she have different color eyes? Really lovely job - I need to paint more faces. HPPF

    ReplyDelete
  26. Truly beautiful!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your face really works :) Loving her coloured eyes HPPF Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've been seeing all the great faces coming from this class. I signed up, but, as usual....haven't done it :(

    I love those lips!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your girl and her eyes are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing this free class link.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top