|click to make it bigger|
- I have never in my life witnessed so much snow. In the past there were usually a couple of snow days and then it was cold but fine. This year we had snow fall for 2-3 days than a couple of sunny days than again 2-3 snowy days. It just keeps falling. This is last week's photo. You can see our fence is almost snowed under. Luckily when the sun is out it's so strong that the snow starts to melt immediately.
- Of course since then we had warm sunny days and the snow melted to half of what it was
- I read a lot of books. What annoys me is when a book starts mildly interesting and it shows promise but then it all goes to hell and I get so frustrated I stop reading. I write reviews as I read because I noticed that if I wait until I read the whole book I have absolutely nothing to say apart from whether I liked it or not.
- Here are some of the reviews from the books I didn't get to finish:
Failed review 2: I hate it when a book starts off with names for things that I have no idea what they mean. Sure you figure it out throughout the book but still you’re clueless at the beginning and struggle to keep up with the story. It’s the same with all the weird names for people. I had no idea what gender they were until the author addressed them with a he or she. And it took some time to do so and I was picturing a girl for like a couple of pages when I found out it was a boy.
Failed review 3: I love historical romance. This is a classical story of a headstrong young lady and a cocky handsome man falling in love. But it was something about the writing that didn’t feel quite right. The characters behavior was way too modern to be historical. She fairly quickly forgot Lord’s condescending behavior when they met. I though being a lady she would take more offense to it but I guess when he’s a Lord and a good looking one, he’s forgiven pretty quickly. Such a cliché. And I didn’t understand her father’s state of mind. He was lethargic because of his son’s disgrace. What? I would understand sickness, disability or even old age but lethargy over his son’s shame? Not death, shame! It's just plain ridiculous.
- Did you notice what I did with my blog header? :) You can click on the flowers in the header and it will take you places. The girl however will take you back to blog home.
Linking to Artists in Blogland and Paint Party Friday.