This is a hard one because I need to translate it into English. :)
- my all time favorite "grandma food" is Ajdovi žganci s kislim zeljem - Buckwheat "mush" with sauerkraut. It was mandatory meal every time I visited my grandparents but grandma doesn't have as much strength in her hands now so my Mom took over.
- the second favorite is polenta with some kind of gravy. I used to eat it with milk before I went dairy free or with goulash before I went vegetarian. :) Translator gives me the same word in English but if you don't know what it is, it's made out of corn meal.
- mashed potatoes with cucumber gravy. This was mind boggling when I first heard of it as a kid. Cucumbers in a gravy? Are you nuts? But my aunt made it and it instantly became one of my favorites. I don't eat it anymore because it's made with cottage cheese. But I substituted it with sweet cabbage gravy.
- I eat a lot of fried zucchini with tenstan potatoes - translator can't find the word for tenstan. Click HERE to see how the dish looks like and let me know how it's called in English. :)
- fried cauliflower or fried brussels sprouts are often on my menu as well.
- After Eight chocolates. Need I say more?
Linking to Show me what you Got Art Linkup.