Here is how you make them. You take glass pebbles like the ones below that are flat on one side and bake them in an oven on around 350° for about 20 minutes. Then you take them out and immediately drop them in a bowl of iced water. I actually dumped some snow in my water so it was really cold. Pebbles should "brake" on the inside but the surface should be whole.
! You made your very own unique rings. :)
Artsyville Tuesday's list for this week is about "contents of your junk drawer". This was my suggestions when we made that list of lists. :)
I have several junk drawers but I'm only going to list stuff in the nearest one that happens to be my computer desk art junk drawer.
- lots of envelopes
- 3 washi tapes
- probably around 20 blank ATC's
- 2 finished ATC's
- a lot of ATC protective sleeves
- 6 custom declarations forms
- flip camera
- 2 USB sticks
- mini stapler
- numerous 1 US dollar bills, I need them for postage when I participate in swaps
- regular tape
- unopened package of 2 felt tip pens with correctors
- 5 postcards from the postcard swap a year ago
- several handmade postcards from the postcard challenge I haven't yet figured out what to do with them
- a lot of scrap paper and some weird embellishments
- cherry flavored lip balm
- a package of 4 ring bases
- 3 photos from years ago when I was 21 or 22 years old
Next three prompts are from Reverb#12:
7. What's the one thing you want to take with you into 2013?
Spiritual growth. Oh, wait. Reading books. :)
8. Considering the idea that nothing lasts forever: what was the most important relationship that you fostered in 2012?
Blogging community. Really. It amazes me every time how relationships develop. :) And I found some amazing book reading blogs as well.
9. What was the best book you read in 2012, and why? (And by "Why?" I mean: Why did you read it? And why was it your favorite?
Darn, I answered this one on Friday. :) The Darkness Falls series from Jessica Sorensen. I probably read it because it was free on Amazon and it had a cool cover. That's how I choose books to read. :)) And it's my favorite because I really liked the heroine and how she acted in the story. I get really annoyed when characters act stupid or against (my) logic. :) She didn't. :)
Linking to Show me what you Got Art Linkup.
P.S. I'm having a GIVEAWAY for all the book lovers. You can win ONE KINDLE EBOOK (up to $15) by an author from the Christmas for Authors event OF YOUR CHOOSING via Amazon (the list of authors is at the top of this event). Go follow the link to see how to enter. https://www.facebook.com/events/458110844241039/permalink/474182612633862/