Monday, December 24, 2012

Inspiration exists

My journal page today is inspired by this video. I haven't done a Cotton Candy Girl for quite a while now. It was fun and relaxing and familiar. Just what I needed. :)

Next three prompts are from Reverb#12:
21. What items did you tick off your dream list in 2012? What other, unexpected, dreams came to fruition? What are the top three items on your dream list for 2013?
Hmmmm. I'll get back to you on that one. One thing I really want to do is another workshop. The rest is still a blur. I think one thing that is just as important than checking off the dream list is to let go of the items that no longer resonate with you. I can't find my checklist for 2012 but I do remember some things I wanted to happen. Some did and some didn't. And it's ok. I realized that some of the things that didn't happen, are no longer important to me and I don't regret them not happening. And they are not going on my 2013 checklist either just because they were left undone this year.

22. What was the greatest gift you received in 2012? What was the greatest gift you gave? What do you intend to give yourself in 2013?
E-books. I think that was the biggest gift of 2012. Not just the fact that I found free e-books but also the community I discovered alongside, the authors I'd never have known otherwise and stories that I'd never have read. They have opened a whole new world for me.

23. Name three excuses -- stories you tell yourself that are holding you back -- that you are going to let go of in 2013.
These are the excuses. Whether I'll let them go or not is still undetermined.
  1. the universal excuse, "I'm not good enough" topped with fear of being judged
  2. What's the point, I can't get to the money anyway
  3. I have to feel inspired to do it - Inspiration exists, but it has to find us working. ~ Pablo Picasso
Linking to Show me what you Got Art Linkup.


Share/Save/Bookmark

11 comments:

  1. Love your cotton candy girl! Your 3 excuses really hit home for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cotton candy girl is beautiful ;o) Your 3 excuses, I understand! Something, we all have to work through!!!
    "The most unfortunate thing that happens to a person who fears failure, is that he limits himself by becoming afraid to try anything new.
    Give Yourself A Chance!"
    "Leo Buscaglia"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous girl, wish my hair looked like hers! Happy Holidays, Natasha! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This art journaling can be addictive can't it...but at least we are all making "happy faces" now :D Have a joy filled holiday Natasha :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your questions, will get back to you and answer them after Xmas. Have a good one and lotsa Ho Ho Hos.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Christmas to you and your family.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with your three excuses. :)
    Love your cotton candy girl! I have just started a journal for 2013. It's very relaxing and I'm happy with my trying new techniques.
    Have a wonderful holiday time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about those things that didn't get accomplished....the grass is greener where you water it....sometimes you just don't feel the need to water that grass anymore ;P

    2013 is going to be a good one....full of "firsts" for me, I think.....can't wait to see what you do with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't need to click the link I watched that video yesterday! Thanks for sharing with SMWYG Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your honest, Real answers! Cool prompts. And...I'll bet your painting was inspired by Jennibellie!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top