Monday, December 31, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR! & Darcy's 2013 challenge


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm doing this post today instead of tomorrow. Because of the obvious reason. You know, being New Year's and all. :)

This journal page came about  because I got this awesome envelope in the mail from Rubbermoon that was carrying "Make Art" stamp (on the right). And I just had to glue it in my art journal.

Also I'm joining in with Darcy's new challenge for the year 2013 therefor the book stack on the left. The challenge is called

We're doing art based on a book we read that month and a short review. Since I read a lot, this was a no-brainer for me. But the trick is to post the 12 books I'll be reading.

That's kind of hard because I have so many and if I start to read and it looks like it's not what I like, I start on another. And not to mention all the releases coming out in 2013 that I'll just have to read. :)

I started of with a list of 12 but I kept changing it because I got exited about the books I forgot I had and started reading them. :) Here is my list of 6 and I'll tell you the rest of them in June. I might even let you see how the list changed over the months. :)
  1. Kasadya Hellhound Awakened by Karen Swart 
  2. Jenny Pox (The Paranormals, Book 1) by JL Bryan
  3. Rebel Heart by Lizzy Ford 
  4. Love Evolution by Michelle Mankin
  5. Souled by Diana Murdock
  6. Autumn Storm by Lizzy Ford



Nataša's bookshelf: the-artful-readers

Autumn Storm
0 of 5 stars true
tagged:
to-read and the-artful-readers
Kasadya Hellhound Awakened
0 of 5 stars true
tagged:
the-artful-readers and to-read
Jenny Pox
0 of 5 stars true
tagged:
to-read and the-artful-readers
Rebel Heart
0 of 5 stars true
tagged:
the-artful-readers and to-read
Love Evolution
0 of 5 stars true
tagged:
to-read and the-artful-readers
Souled
0 of 5 stars true
tagged:
to-read and the-artful-readers


goodreads.com


And I'm entering some other reading challenges as well. I like challenges, don't I? :)

First one is 2013 TBR pile challenge. Which means I need to tackle all of the books in my To-Be-Read pile that were published in 2012 or earlier. We have to link on 20th of each month.

The second one 2013 Dystopia challenge is about reading at least 2 books per month in my favorite genre at the moment. Dystopia.




Share/Save/Bookmark

38 comments:

  1. Oooh, I was looking for more good reads...so thank you for this list! I'll check them all out! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so behind with my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely read anymore :0) used to read all of the time and now not so much. I just don't have time or energy for it right now.
    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your book with the hands and the happy mail! Great combination! You will be busy reading girl! How do you have time? My painting would be behind! Happy New year my friend! Many blessings ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful art journal page Natasha... and will check out your book list too... haven't read any of them... but always looking for good books to read... Happy New Year...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely journal pages and have fun reading in 2013! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting challenge! Guess if I could make it... I'm an avid reader. :))
    Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have your reading cut out for you this year, Natasha! Good luck - I think I would find it rather intimidating to have a stack of books piled up in front of me, and thus would shrink from the task at hand. Enjoy! Love your journal page. xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the info on the artful readers I'll try to get involved too

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! you just reminded me I have a blog post to make for tomorrow lol, hope I can keep up with the reading part of the challenge :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the journal spread- so much fun color and such a great contrast with the craft paper/envelope. I can't wait to see your literary art! What a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining us! Enjoy and a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck on the reading. I've found that the more I get into crafting and painting, the less I read. Happy New Year, Natasha May. Your blog has been fun this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ...very nice blog , congratulations :)


    Greetings from Portugal
    Arthur B

    ReplyDelete
  15. good luck with all that reading!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow Natasa you are setting yourself lots of reading challenges lol good luck with them all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like an awesome collection, can't wait to see what art they inspire from you :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha, I really thought one reading challenge is already enough of a challenge... Good luck! I don't recognise any of your books and am looking forward to the reviews! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Smart. I keep wanting to change my list. So many books...sigh. We ought to do 2 a month :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Woohoo My list is subject to change too! LOL Great list of books!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Not read any of those, interested to see what else you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your journal page, Natasha. I'm with you on the art books: I wanted to make a list and then commit to do a project from one each month this year, but I would rather go with the flow and pick up what interests me at the moment. I like the IDEA of challenges, but I tend to ultimately reject the restrictions. I DO want to do more reading this year, though. Your goals are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't think I have even heard of any of those books. That means I will probably have more books on my to be read pile as the year progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your list of books is all new to me too. Looking forward to seeing your artwork and the reviews. Happy 2013.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've not read any of these but look forward to reading your reviews. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. All new books for me so looking forward to what you think of them.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for the heads up about the Artful Readers Club challenge. I'm psyched!

    Impressed with all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That's a lot of reading. I don't know any of those so I'll have to look them up on Amazon, and look forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Can't wait to see the art for these books! Good to "meet" you :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. It took me till last night to stop swapping books in and out of my list. Was so hard!

    Yours look really interesting, am going to look forward to those reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are going to be reading lots of books this year! Really looking forward to reading your revues.
    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy New Year Natasha. Sounds like a great challenge and as another avid reader I love the idea of mixing art and books together. I don't read books as often as I used to though I think because I read online articles and blogs more often these days. Still, it sounds like a great idea - I might need to go through my kindle for ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  34. oh what a lot of reading, can't wait to see what art it inspires,
    dx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow that is an awesome lot. I am pleased I am in on this challenge and get to spend some more time with you!
    ManonX

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gosh you do like challenges! Look forward to seeing the second half of your list

    ReplyDelete
  37. these all look like such interesting reads! i can't wait to see your reviews on them.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top