Monday, November 19, 2012

The girl with a pink kitten hat

I combined a couple of challenges with this journal page. Two of An Attitude of Gratitude prompts were to use a mask or a stencil, I don't know the difference, and to stamp with a mask. Oh, and I used a music sheet from an old book I have. That's three prompts. :)

I used my fence mask/stencil from Tim Holtz for this one. Even though the lady in the technique video that was shared made it look easy, stamping with a mask sounds easier than it actually is. My paint didn't work well with the mask so I resorted to using my spray paints. As you can see on the right side, the paint didn't stick all that perfectly even though I did it twice.

The other prompts I used are from Fall Fearless & Fly, Challenge 4.

Color Prompt: Cool colors (blues, greens, violets, etc.)
Quote Prompt: You can't make a place for yourself in the sun if you keep taking refuge under the family tree. Helen Keller

And the girl is from Tam's lesson in Life Book. Does it looks like she's standing on the fence? Cause she is. :))

And working with water soluble color sprays sucks! When I tried to glue the girl down the color came off the page and onto everywhere it's not supposed to be.


Share/Save/Bookmark

17 comments:

  1. I love this spread, and your tree!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you had some difficulties, but I think it turned out really cute! I like it all ;o) The tree, the fence and of course, the precious little girl ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots learned from this one - and it turned out great. LOVE the title! :o) xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it turned out cute! I also like the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's so much to look at and enjoy in this piece...a lot to soak in....and make you smile :D

    That girl is fantastic in her pink kitty cat hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay the same mask as you say. A mask is where the pattern is the solid part and you ink around it. A stencil is where the pattern is in the holes and you ink through it.
    I also found stamping with masks quite a challenge. Distress inks on a distress stain background a big no no and the paint wasn't much better either.
    Saying all that, until I had read your blog I hadn't noticed the "missing bits" on the right as the impression on the left makes up for the spaces as far as most people's brains are concerned anyway.
    Gorgeous painted tree there and the little girl with the kitten hat is super. Adorable page. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is gorgeous!! Love the little girl she is soooo cute :) So even if it was frustrating to do it has all turned out wonderful.... well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this one she's so sweet and bubbly looking with the darker background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you might've had some trouble with this, but it really doesn't show! wonderful pages, and that little girl is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like it took some work but you managed to create a beautiful art piece, and yes, the girl IS standing on the fence. LOVE her and her world. That tree and the colors that surround it are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your touches here! The fence walking cutie, the tree that winds around the page, and that is one of my favorite stencil/masks! Your composition has such balance and my eye just floats from one element to another! So glad you are a part of Fall Fearless and Fly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think it turned out wonderful
    your gal is charming ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your spread, the little whimsey girl just pops against the back ground, and even though you had some problems, i think it turned out great x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have never guessed that you had problems, it is lovely, the girl is sweet and the the tree is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love, love your page! I'm doing both of these projects, too. I enjoy having a variety of prompts.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful pages, I love your little cutie on the fence :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am loving these journal spreads. I don't want to think about how far behind I am on life book. Love all the layers. So much to look at. How did you get on with Deepak's meditations? I finished the first two weeks...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top