Wednesday, October 17, 2012

# 17 With tail

Donna, Doni, Lady D asked me: Do you avoid gossip. Does 'small talk' bore you? What sort of conversations interest you the most.

I've never been a gossip kind of girl. I mean, of course I'm going to talk to my friends, if something interesting happens but I tend to avoid the hurtful kind of gossip. I don't like judging people or talking bad about them. I've been known to walk away from such conversation.

I guess that's also the reason why I'm bad at small talk. :) I'm comfortable with silence. But it also depends on my energy level. If I'm all hyped then I have no problem chatting up people but if I'm drained then I don't even bother opening my mouth.

I like analyzing things but you won't see me join in on a conversation about politics. I like happy topics. I keep reminding my hubby to stop telling me about negative stuff. He's like, there's been an accident last night and so many people died, and I'm like, why are you telling me this? Did someone we know died? No? Then tell me something nice like how many babies were born or something. :)

I get easily frustrated and I have a physical reaction to injustice, so I don't see the point of stressing out and worrying, if there's nothing I can do about it. Happy thoughts! Puppies, kittens, butterflies. :)

Do you have a question for me? Leave it in the comments. I have an answer for you. :)

Linking to  Blogtoberfest and don't forget to enter yesterday's giveaway for $100 amazon Gift card. :)


Share/Save/Bookmark

7 comments:

  1. Hi Natasha, thank you for visiting and commenting so sweetly! You made me smile this morning...even though it's way too early and we are out of coffee...! I like your post, as I am bad at small talk, too. I wonder if it's because I am introverted...and shy. Anyway, local news depresses me. It's always sad or very bad news. Do you know the song, "Just Give Me the Good News"? It's by the Saw Doctors. Hope you have a happy day! ~kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natasha, i love you already... cause you sound like ME!! LOL... ;-) Seriously, you and i sound alike. The topics of discussion, the avoiding small talk, the avoiding gossip...the frustration at injustice. Yup, you sound like me. So now we're friends. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a happy thought kind of girl too ;o) Love the tail! Thanks for making me laugh on my blog ;o) Big Hugs my friend ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an interesting piece. I also try to stay away from negative conversations, because they affect my mood. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tail!!! Happy talk is the best talk :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I'm with you....I don't want to know how messed up the world is...and how doomed we are....let me enjoy my time while I'm here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! she is interesting...what a tail!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top