Sunday, October 14, 2012

# 14 With horns

I need questions! Ask me anything you like. I'm blogging every day in October for Blogtoberfest and I need something to write about. :)

denthe asked me: how come your english is so good when you live in Slovenia?

Thank you denthe, that's so sweet of you to say. :) Well, since we're a small country we have to speak foreign language everywhere we go to be understood, so we start learning early in school. It's usually English but it also depends where you live.

We have Austria up North and schools near the border teach German as first foreign language, Hungarian to the Northeast and to the West we have Italy and Italian is taught in that region.

As I understand school policies have changed since I was in school and the second foreign language is now introduced in an elementary school as well. But back then the second foreign language was introduced in high school. It was usually English for those that had another foreign language in elementary school, for me it was German.

So basically I've been taught English since I was 10 years old and all the way through high school and college. I'm glad it shows. :))


Share/Save/Bookmark

9 comments:

  1. That was a great question!
    So do you speak German as fluently as English?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your horned lady and her red hair! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your painting is awesome - the horns look 3D. So you are tri-lingual - such a gift. Always envied Europeans for just that - they all can speak about 4 languages for just the reasons you have mentioned. xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, didn't expect that! I really thought you were a native English speaker who happened to live in Slovenia...
    I'll think of some more questions .... ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered that as well. how wonderful to speak different languages. the USA is so big and to the south we have Mexico, but if you do not go there, then there is not much chance to use it. Canada is close to me, but they speak English too.

    love your gal with horns. the white highlights really make it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so curious about your dogs and cats... Their pictures are so cute! I've two cats on my own. And they have so different ways to seek attention if they are bored :D They have different habits and manners anyway. Some of them are very funny, but really exhausting too :)
    I would be really pleased to hear something about your cuties. Is there a funny habit you can tell? Or even a funny story?
    Hugs
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do speak very good english! I think better than me! LOL! Love your horny girl ;o) Have a great day ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love foreign languages. I think it is so important!!! I speak Portuguese and Spanish fluently. I can speak a little bit of French, but I am trying to learn Haitian Creole because there is a huge population in South Florida. And they cook the best rice ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Natasha, you do a great job with your English. Interesting to hear your language story. I think English is more and more becoming a world language.
    Blessings to you,

    Coleen in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top