Wednesday, October 10, 2012

# 10 Favorites

Sarah Bishop Girl
I love answering your questions from the comments so please ask away. :) Today I'm using prompts from Paula who had a guest post at our Blogtoberfest hostess blog as well.

Paula asked: Do you have a favourite painting at home? Did you buy it? Then blog when, where, with whom. What called you to it?

I had a thing for a while where I bought a painting from street artists wherever I went on vacation. It was fun for a while but then the stuff got expensive and it was cheaper to get something else as a souvenir. Like a fridge magnet. :)

However, back when I had a job and money to spare, I had a period of time when I was buying paintings from some of my favorite blogging artists. And I had quite a few gifted to me or I won them in a giveaway. I can't say which one is my favorite because they all hold special meaning for me.

My favorite that I painted is this one though. Although they are all favorites until you paint another one, right? :))
denthe asked me: are you able to live from your art or do you have another job as well? (just being curious ... ☺)

No to both. I sold a lot of paintings at the beginning but then the sales stopped for me. I make a little money from the on-line workshop that I offered in past and I have one planned for next month but it's not substantial, it will however help once I get to my virtual money. :)

I lost my job a year and a half ago. I'm not looking for a new one because I still dream of making it as an artist/teacher. :) But of course, if push comes to shove, I'll have to find something to pay the bills.


Share/Save/Bookmark

10 comments:

  1. LOVE the 'hippie' girl at the top, Natasha. Do you 'show' your work outside of blog land? If so, where and when? Frida says 'hi'. :o) xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the big hipped girl also, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a lush body! Love it! Thnx for answering my question! Here's another one: how come your english is so good when you live in Slovenia?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all know how much determination, self belief and courage it takes to make a dream into a reality. You seem to have all of the above plus a great sense of humour to make you perfect for the artist/teacher career you dream of:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Natasha;
    It was wonderful to read through your answers. Your art is so fun. I am not working either and hoping to do something with my art as well. Best of luck to you.
    Hugs and blessings
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my friend ;o) I love the big hipped girl! She is wonderful, fun and sexy! Loving all the answers ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Todays art is delightful!! Love reading all of you answers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving your blogtoberfest posts and i simply adore you Sarah Bishop Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at those juicy hips! Fantastic :)

    I hear you about holding on to the "Making it as an Artist" Dream! Stick with it....dreams do come true :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top