Wednesday, September 5, 2012

# 3-4 What I don't like about some books

Random stuff I don't like about some books:
  • Remember I told you about all those free e-books, right? Well, some really suck. :) But some are a good read. But it's amazing how many books remind me of Twilight. Like certain scenes and descriptions and people's re/actions. Authors should really stop doing that because it puts you off reading when you keep comparing.
  • And leading women in these books should really be better portrayed. Like smarter. :) It just pisses me off when they keep fuc*ing up. Seriously, who is that stupid? Ok, it happens once, you get over it but when it keeps repeating you kinda go like, someone should tell this bit*h to get a hold of herself. :) I understand it gives interest to the plot because the situation has to be fixed now but still. Sometimes I just want to slap them silly.
  • And why does everyone equate love with jealousy and possessiveness? At this moment I don't remember reading a single book where the lover didn't get all "fired up" because she/he was "mine".
  • Not to mention how easily everyone falls in love, moves in together and gets married. Oh, yeah! We, the readers, have been doing it all wrong with dating and getting to know each other for like years before even considering sharing closet space. Apparently it can be done in days.
  • And why is everyone a virgin? No, I'm serious. In every book we have a couple and one of them must be a virgin. It's ok, if they are teenagers but not ok when they are grown men and women. You can't sell me that bullshit especially when you go out of your way to describe the character unnaturally beautiful and everyone's wet dream. Of course they don't know it because apparently they haven't seen themselves in a mirror for the past decade at least.
  • Oh, oh. Listen, I have trouble with characters possessing supernatural hearing and sense of smell as it is. I mean, how is a girl supposed to go the bathroom or god forbid, fart when the boyfriend can hear mosquitoes sucking blood from 50 miles away? Doesn't anyone think about that? Then tell me, when you know everyone around you can hear and smell you like when you're in another town, why on earth do you go and have sex in the next room?
  • Let's not forget how everyone smells of flowers and cinnamon and spices. Really? I smell stinky sweat but your supernatural nose picks up flowers and spices? Come on!

Girls above have nothing to do with the books they are there so I can link to 29 Faces. :))


Share/Save/Bookmark

19 comments:

  1. read racing in the rain or a good good pig - you'll feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your girls. I came from 29 Faces but I really enjoyed your rant. What you have to say about books is very true! I think a lot of authors want to be the next "Twilight" but the genre seems so overdone these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cracked me up - love that it had nothing to do with the girls, but it made for an interesting post! (I totally agree that they really need to smarten up the female characters.)

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read all this I think I'll just stick to my favorite authors ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very funny! I read half of Twilight, was so completely disgusted (what's up with the glowing?), I never finished it. Bring back Lestat!!! Now there's a vampire! Love your girls, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tee hee... You had me giggling aloud. Some of it really is silly. And I too am heartily in favor of clever women protagonists who learn from experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your girls, I actually think it could have been doing the rant! You are so so right though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, I love that your girls at the top are in no way related to your rant. Somehow that tickles my sense of humour. Second - well we all know and so agree with everything you have said. The slogan "You've come a long way baby", just isn't far enough in the minds of not only obviously authors, but in general the world. Nothing you have said is as ridiculous as the statement that women, when raped, have a choice whether to get pregnant. (US political campaign in case you didn't hear). How's that for a Fuc*king Stupid statement? Now you've got me ranting and it's 1:30 in the morning! Love your girls - especially the one in the pink bikini. xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now you really have got me wondering which books you read on your Kindle!!? The ones I have chosen were all very tame in comparison! Lovely paintings, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely to see your ladies ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! I am wiping away tears of laughter! The supernatural smell + hearing power! Who could live with that - skanky morning breath from ten paces?

    Loving your girls (as always) thanks for the morning giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My friend, you are funny! But, seriously, everything you said, is so true! I love the ladies ;o) Have a great one ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAHAHAHAHA. Yes! I have a couple of those books lately I think.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok let me try this again, the mermaid is beautiful. I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haaahaahaa, great rant. Spread the word, it's really really true!

    ReplyDelete
  16. loving your faces Natasha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally cute faces!
    Agree with the rant. That's why my writiung is pretty much wicked and quirked out lol You can check it out on my Wicked Words page lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. That had me laughing!! I like the horror/fantasy genre, too....but yes, everyone in them is like an amazon goddess or greek god...and doesn't have a clue...haha!

    Maybe I'm hotter than I think?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You rock my socks! I have these exact same complaints!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top