Monday, July 2, 2012

Strawberry Lemonade Punch Girl

Summer of Color 's ice cream flavor for this week is Strawberry Lemonade Punch. I made this journal page a while ago and I'm sharing it now cause it has the right colors. :)

Randomness for today:
  • I think the movie scene is in a rut cause there are no good movies out there. The only one that I managed to watch in its entirety (just barely) was the Snow White and the Huntsman. Do you have any suggestions? Limit yourself to the year 2012. :))
  • I read the Fifty Shades Trilogy last week. We all know why it's popular, right? It's not because of the outstanding story that's for sure.:)) Now I understand why some say that romance novels give women unrealistic expectations of how men are suppose to be and behave. I have not met a man, or heard of, so accomplished and perfect like Mr. Grey. Let's excuse his controlling tendencies and fetishes that our "oh so innocent and shy" heroin manages to "heal" so quickly even though years of therapy couldn't. Go figure. :) But that's ok. Just skip through that part and go straight to the juicy parts. :)
  • Oh, those of you who read the 50 shades and Twilight might have noticed a similar scene in there. :) The one in the restaurant and the waitress. Right? Is that allowed? :)
  • How's everyone dealing with the heat? I mean, it's so hot, we had to put our bird inside because it was too hot for him even in the shade. But I don't mind. I don't even remember last years summer because it was so cold, so I'm enjoying it now. Inside the house of course. :) It's nice and cool here.
  • My muse went on vacation as well. I didn't even pick up a pencil last week let alone a brush. Now you know my secret.:) The stuff I showed you last week was done ages ago. Hope to get some painting done this week.:)
  • And if you ask me  a question in the comments and you'd actually like an answer, would you please make sure you have your e-mail visible in your profile.  It's easier to reply that way, otherwise I tend to forget about it by the time I get to your blog. :)
  • That's all I have for today. Have a fab week! :)


Share/Save/Bookmark

32 comments:

  1. You ok Natasha? You sound a bit down sweetheart. I think a lot of us shared past treasures last week lol, I know I did :D As for films...we've started watching the old b/w movies cos the storylines are much better :S XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is utterly adorable Natasha... and perfect for this weeks challenge... I know what you mean with the movies... I am yet to read Fifty Shades... but I am hearing about it everywhere...

    Have a great week..
    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's gorgeous and I love the quote. I'm with you on the 50 shades. I'm partway through the 2nd book and am getting a bit bored now-she's annoying and it's all getting a bit repetitive!
    lucky you with the heat-we're still waiting for summer although I think the week of sun we had in May might just have been it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is beautiful and very special Natasha.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Girl Natasha...Adore her pink hair!!... love what you did with this colour combo. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your girl, I thought you would be doing a girly with pink hair! Films are not good just now, and TV here in Germany even worse - football and repeats of ancient films that are just bad! I read instead....Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's absolutely awesome Natasha :)I love her frilly frock and her large blue eyes...and the quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are cracking me up! yes, of course I love your girl too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely piece of work - she's so cute and I love the background - great words too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's very cool and unique--like all your girls with that cotton candy hair.
    P.S. Hey-I really liked Snow White and the Huntsman!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is such a cutie pie for the SOC, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Watch chocolat ...its so good...im taking my twins to see brave...it has ti be good..its about a tough chick...look...love your work as always even if it wasn't painted last week...and i read book one of fifty shades and thought it was crap...even the so called naughty parts are plain stupid...what was all the hype about i ask myself...have a great week...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is another adorable and creative cutie! ~ Wow! ~~ thanks, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Natasha!!! she is adorable!!! I love your new pretty punch Girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is adorable! And I love her skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is diminutive but commands the page!! Love the dangling hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is cute.... I love her hair!!!

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is some amazing hair :-D

    ReplyDelete
  19. She certainly packs a punch with that hair. Well done - BJ#4

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your girlie with her ice cream swirled hair- awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. She looks like candy, love her and the black and white contrast of the frame is great! The books sound interesting...stay cool artistic lady, we're having brutal temps here in TX as well...nothing to do but swim! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. wishing you a visit from your muse
    sorry i do not have any movie suggestions....

    a sweet painting ~

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't really go to the movies--I wait for DVD--so I have no suggestions there. Haven't read Fifty Shades, yet--so is it worth it? Must be if you're on the second one!

    Love your girl, and the shape and contrast in the frame is great!

    (Going to go over 100 here next week, but so far it's been great here)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your page is great and I love that quote. Yeah, this heat is crazy. I live in WNY state and all afternoon today I stayed indoors...in the one room where we now have a window AC.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just adorable!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  26. She is SO CUTE!! I have just started reading 50 Shades of Grey - the writing is fairly poor but the juicy bits are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, she's lovely! I love the way you did the frame around her too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Every time I visit your blog, I'm smiling happily just looking at your pet's photos :). So much of love here. Your sketch today have a playful mood to it, she is so stylish even with the big hair!. LOVE the dangling hearts too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the way you've used the pink in her hair.

    And I have to mention the most embarrassing phone conversation with my MIL ever, cause she's reading 50SOG and needed to ask me what something was!!! The woman has 5 kids, you'd have thought she'd of known!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey Lady ;o) I love your Punch girl ;o) Have you seen Johnny's new movie? I have to admit, every movie has been done out there! It's hard to get a good one! Heat, don't talk to me about heat! It's not only the heat, it's that we haven't had any rain!!! Everything is like sand!!! Stay cool my friend ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love her pettycoat and the black and white rings around her !!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top