Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May Face # 9 and Goddess # 10

Today I'm showing you a Sumerian Goddess Lilith for 13 Goddesses challenge. She is considered a demon goddess and was in fact Adam's first wife. Did you know that?

She was created at the same time and from the same earth as Adam and not from his rib like Eve. But Lilith left Adam after she refused to become subservient to him and then would not return to the Garden of Eden after she mated with archangel Samael. She obviously preferred angel sex over Adam's. :)

Lilith was also believed in Jewish folklore to be a succubus, a sexual vampire or demon who came to men at night and caused wet dreams. Yeah, let's blame the woman. :)

She is depicted on a Babylonian clay plaque from 2000-1600 BCE as beautiful winged woman with bird's feet and claws.
(via)

And I'm combining this goddess with 29 Faces challenge.


My Cotton Candy Girls On-line Workshop is now open and running. Only 25 $. Registration will be open until end of May, so you still have time to join us. :)
 


Share/Save/Bookmark

13 comments:

  1. I love Lilith. In the original myth she was indeed the first wife of Adam.
    Great job, Natasha!
    P.S.: I'm working on my first Cotton Candy Girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good painting. I bet there are a lot of men who believe that their first wives were demons! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the story! :)
    Interesting.

    I need to click on the link to see your other goddesses too.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Natasha... she is stunning... and I love your story... I didn't know any of that...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this is a goddess who knows herself and is not afraid to express it--very cool information!..and no matter how nasty they could have been--you create them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I knew Lillith was Adam's 1st wife, but I didn't know all the other stuff about her...WTG Lillith!!! :D nor had I thought of her as a Sumerian lol :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, nice! I, too, love Lilith, and she is *not* a demon in my world. Empowered women of any realm are ~ if anything ~ angels … powerful angels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I like this Goddess, great work and Ive learned something new aswell, I didnt know any of that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She preferred angel sex over Adam! LOL! Lilith is a wicked demon Goddess! I really like her ;o) Love the history, didn't know any of this information! Take Care ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Natasha. Stunning details and I didn't know this story either.
    Hmmmm better investigate this.
    Thanks for dropping by.
    Lesley ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhh! SHe is so wickedly beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like she knew she was destined for bigger and better things...and found them in the arms of an angel, perhaps....hmmmm....

    Another great Goddess, Natasha!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top