Monday, May 7, 2012

#7 Indigo Girl

I found this brown pencil in a box I have. I thought it was brown charcoal pencil since it was next to a black charcoal pencil. It doesn't say anything on the pencil so I have no idea.

Anyway, I sketched with it the face below and I liked the flow of the pencil. It even smeared when I went over the lines with my hand just like charcoal does. But . . .

. . . When I went over it with a wet brush it reacted like a watercolor pencil. It was great! :) I have watercolor pencils and none of them feel the way this one does when you sketch. It just might be my new fave pencil. :)

I like this girl. I'm calling her Indigo Girl. :) Because she has superpowers and knows things we mere ordinary humans don't. And she is here to introduce new ways to human kind.

I used water-soluble oil pastels for the face and mixed media on the hair. Lots of hidden layers of napkins covered with pink water-soluble oil pastel and brayered over with a white acrylic paint.
Linking to 29 Faces and The Butterfly Effect. 

And for all my  Cotton Candy Girls students. :) First lesson is up!


My Cotton Candy Girls On-line Workshop is now open and running. Only 25 $. Registration will be open until end of May, so you still have time to join us. :)
 

Share/Save/Bookmark

17 comments:

  1. Lovely drawing. It sounds like you used a permanent pencil, they always turn blue or purple when wet! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Natasha... she is stunning... her face is BEAUTIFUL... and just love her hair... and how awesome that she has superpowers...

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has a very mysterious smile, I wonder what she is thinking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. indigo girl is wonderful. lovely in her pink hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is fantastic! I am really liking these faces for the challenge Natasha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! did you find out which pencil it is already?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could it be Stabilo. I have them in different colours...they feel smooth like wax but they disolve with water?
    I am curious now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Surprises can be so beautiful, can't they? And wow, how I would love to explore the story of her hair. That mane tells a story all by itself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. GOR-geous! Her eyes are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I like her hair so much. There is so much little interesting things. Fine painting!
    Greetings from Finland :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's got a wonderful exression!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Want the pencil if it makes me draw a strong beautiful (secret) face like this :) Great Natasha!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top