Wednesday, May 30, 2012

#30 Face and Goddess # 13

You won't believe it people but I painted this goddess at 2 a.m this morning. I know! WTF?! :))

I was working on my website the whole day yesterday. I got this reminder in the e-mail that my domain/web-hosting is about to expire. So I went to check it out.

First I had to get a new password because it's been so long since I logged in I forgot what it was. :) Then they wanted my PayPal account info and when I came all the way to the end after trying to figure out for about an hour how much money they want from me, the bill said 200$.

Are you crazy? I'm not giving you 200$ for something I can get for free! Jeez! I paid for my domain which was something like 15$ for a year but not for web-hosting. I have no idea what will happen when it expires in 10 days.

So, I used Wordpress for my web design and it drew me crazy. I would probably obtain a degree from web design sooner than figure out Wordpress. And to make it even worse I was hacked a couple of years ago and couldn't log in since then. :)

Justhost was so nice to offer me Weebly and it's way easier. And when I put everything together it dawned on me that since I'm not paying them for web-hosting it's very likely it will all be deleted. Well, now what?

Just in case, I registered with Weebly and got a sub-domain from them. So here it is. Natasha May Art World. :)

It's not much but it's better then before. And it took me ages to find instructions and tutorials to modify things. Like the background photo and "recent articles". And don't get me started on the recent photos app.

I wanted a widget that would take my FB photos and display it as a gallery or preferably a slide show. But you know in a nice way, like maybe 4 big ones and the rest smaller below or hidden but all I could find are the ones that display every single photo. So I ended up using a FB photo badge which I don't really like but it's the closest I could find. Talking about complicating stuff. :)

Enough about that. :) Today I'm showing you a Chinese Goddess Kuan Yin for 13 Goddesses challenge.

She is a virgin goddess of Unconditional Love, Compassion and Mercy. She is regarded by many as the protector of women and children. She is also a grantor of wishes, and in particular, a fertility goddess capable of granting children. She is the champion of the unfortunate, the sick, the disabled, the poor, and those in trouble. She is the most beloved of the Chinese goddesses.
(source)

And I'm combining this goddess with 29 Faces challenge.


My Cotton Candy Girls On-line Workshop is now open and running. Registration will be open until end of May, so you still have time to join us. :)
 


Share/Save/Bookmark

13 comments:

  1. I had tried weebly, too, but in the end you always have to pay if you want somrthing good and working well. I'll wait until I can pay a yearly fee for a personalized website. :)
    I chose the same Goddess. We both chose to put a lot of white on them. :)
    Thank you for joining my challenge. Since this week I'm joining the Butterly Effect! I already have my vamp ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely Kuan Yin.

    yikes to all you went through with your blog/website! makes my head spin to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your website is looking fabulous Natasha after all your hard work... hopefully it won't be deleted... it is wonderful to have everything in one central spot like that...
    Love your Chinese Goddess... she is a beauty... with such a pretty little face...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely goddess! Sorry you had such a grotty day yesterday, hope today will be better for you. And I am sure you are not the only one trying to fathom out some of these mysteries! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know how you managed to paint such a serene being after such a crappy day, but you did, and she is beautiful!!! :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stand from afar and admire you tackling the internet--I don't have a clue about it....and what's even better...you still have time for your art--always SO cool...and congratulations again on your workshop!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a crazy night! checked out your Etsy shop and am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is beautiful, especially for a 2am painting... Mine would probably have one of her eyes by the boob area :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. If my last minute anythings looked as wonderful as yours, I would leave everything for the last moment. She is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and special goddess, indeed! She can grant ANYTHING!! I can't believe you created her in the wee hours like that. She must've had something to do with that. ;)

    Btw, I have a Weebly site (forget the password) and I haven't been there in a while, but it's where I started storing my artwork. I'll have to find it again...and I will definitely check out your site in a min.

    Happy Hump Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe you did your Goddess at 2:00am! She is beautiful! Gongrats on finishing the challenge ;o) Everything you went through on the computer, sounds very complicated! I don't know how you do it! Good luck ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top