Dear Mrs. Tiggy,
I'm writing to you from Transylvania, the home town of Count Dracula and vampires. I'm enjoying touring around the castles but won't get around to all of them since there are so many.
I wanted to send you a postcard of Dracula since I know it's your favorite movie but I chose Tristan Tzara instead because he is after all your favorite performance artist from the Dada movement. :)
xoxo, Mr. Black
Linking to Postcard Challenge2012.
P.S. On the postcard front is Tristan Tzara as portrayed by David Baldinger.
And now for the Earth Day celebration.:) I mentioned on Friday I was gonna post a list of stuff I'm doing to help preserve our environment and to get some tips and trick from all of you, if you're willing to share. :)
Here's my list. Ok I'm gonna write in plural since the whole family is doing it:
* We recycle. It's practically impossible not to since every house has its own recycling bin for plastic and a separate one for other garbage. We have larger recycling bins in the neighborhood for glass and paper as well. And since we have a yard and a compost, we compost organic stuff.
* We use alcohol vinegar as a fabric softener. It doesn't smell I promise. :)
* We use reusable shopping bags from natural or recycled materials.
* We dispose batteries at shopping centers where they have bins especially for batteries.
* We take showers not baths. It's said to use less water but I'm not that sure. But I prefer a shower anyway.
* We rarely buy milk from a store. I don't drink milk (here is why) but the rest of the family does and we get it fresh from a local farmer. We use reusable 5 or 10 liter container and that makes less garbage to recycle.
* I reuse any kind of cardboard packaging to package my own art to send through the mail.
* We always have use for shoe boxes, so we never throw those away.
* There's always use for glass containers as well. To store pasta, nuts, sugar, buttons, . . . Or my mom reuses them when pickling vegetables.
* We used to buy this eco-friendly, bio-degradable dish detergent and hand soap but the line has been discontinued and I can't find any other brand in our country.
* But we do buy those big refills of hand soap. I don't know if that helps with decreasing garbage but it feels like it.
* And we use energy saving light bulbs. They are becoming mandatory in our country so you can't really get any other kind.
I can't think of anything else right now. I wish I could say we're walking or riding a bike to the store or to work but we live on a hill in the middle of forest and I'm sorry to say we need a car to take us back to the civilization. :)
For tips I only have one thing:
* Put orange peels in a bottle with vinegar and water to use it as a household cleaner. There are many recipes on the net here is one of them.
If you have any tips and trick or your list to share, please feel free to do so in the comments or link me your blog post. I would love to learn about some eco-friendly art tips as well. :)
Have a fab Earth Day! :)
Registration for my Cotton Candy Girls On-line Workshop is now open. Click on the banner to take you there. :) Check out my GIVEAWAY to win a free spot on my e-course.