Friday, February 24, 2012

A Whole Lotta Stuff

First off . . . The lovely Nicola from Pointy Pix gave me this award. Thank you so much! :) You need to check out her blog cause she has some serious talent. Really amazing art work.
And the rules are:
  1. Thank the award giver and link back to them - Thank you very much Pointy Pix!:)
  2. Nominate/award 15 other recently discovered blogs, let the nominees know and they then need to pay it forward; and
  3. Finally, share 7 interesting things that people may not already know about you.
I don't know how recently I discovered these blogs but here they are anyway. :)
  1. Diana from My Art Journal
  2. Lisa from The Wright Stuff
  3. Amy
  4. Gina from Daydream Believer
  5. Andrea from FallingLadies
  6. Kirstin from Listening to the squeak inside
  7. Stacy from
  8. Conny from Piaroms Art
  9. Donna from Donna did it!
  10. Jenny from A Simpler Life
  11. Valerie from Bastelmania
  12. Cameron from Paint Myself Pretty
  13. BlackPumpkin from Timeless Rituals
  14. Rachelle from Art Eye Candy
  15. Nicola from Nicola Toms Designs
There are so many more blogs that I LOVE and it was really hard narrowing it down to just 15. So please don't be offended if you're not among them. I love you all!:)

I already wrote about 7 things a couple of years ago so go check out that cause there really isn't much to add. :) And they might not be all that interesting either. :) I did stop playing FarmVille on FB though. :))

Second . . . I had a giveaway and here is the winner. :)
Congratulations Jo-Ann Dziubek-MacDonald!

Please contact me via e-mail in my profile with your snail address. :) Thank you to everyone who entered and for all the birthday wishes, too.:)

Third . . . For all of you who haven't heard the news yet, Google is going to disconnect the Google Friend Connect option for all non-Blogger sites on 1. March 2012.

What that means is that we will lose blog followers that are following through something other than Blogger and we will no longer follow them either.

What I don't know is how this is going to effect Google Reader. I read blogs that I'm subscribed to through Google Reader and most of them are linked through Google Friend Connect. Does that mean that when this subscriber option will be disconnected for non-Bloggers, the blogs will also be gone from the Google Reader? If somebody knows, please tell me.:)

All that said, I put up Bloglovin on my sidebar for all the non-Blogger followers that want to keep following my blog. Bloglovin is very much similar to Google Reader.

I know there is Linky Followers available but what I don't like is that you have to manually update your "Last posted date". Meaning that your blog posts don't update automaticaly. So, unless you do it manually your followers won't know you have a new blog post up.

And although Linky Followers has a similar "Blog Reader" it would be a lot of work to manually link all the blogs from my Google Reader. And I don't really like the way it is set up. With Google Reader and Bloglovin you get to read the whole post right there. With Blog Reader you only get a title and then you have to click your way to the blog.

Yes, there is a fourth! :) ... Here's some art eye candy from the Life Book class that I'm linking to Paint Party Friday.
If you read all this, you deserve a muffin. :)  Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend!


Share/Save/Bookmark

40 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blog award and congratulations to the winner of your giveaway! Stupid Google...that's all I have to say about that. Thanks for the info about it all. And lastly I like your eye candy. Very nicely done. Happy PPF! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make mine a double chocolate chip :D
    And I think your sentiment on your page fits the google episode perfectly!!! I have links to peoples blogs in my sidebar, and don't know how they will be affected by these changes...mean Google :(
    Thank you for honouring me with the award :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I'm coming right over for a muffin! Love your art and the sentiment it expresses, which by the way I agree with 100%. The blogger thing is a little disconcerting ... I'm not sure I understand all this techie stuff! I may use your explanation on my blog if you don't mind NatashaMay and hope for the best. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natasha, where's my muffin (giggle!)? It's really a bother about GFC because that's how I've been keeping updated with blogs I like! Google is such a pain, they're also discontinuing picnik. but then what can you do, this is all for free!
    What a regal lady you've drawn, and with red hair too! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the award most kind lady!

    This blogger thing is a pain. Why are they changing things I wonder. Stoopid if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award Natasha May .. how very lovely of you to think of me. I am so very pleased to have met you in the land of blog. xodonna

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on the award and thanks for mine! loveyour painting, and I wanta blueberry muffin, please!! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. so i'm here for my muffin! lovely painting. i specially like her gratitude crown! thank you for sharing,
    hugs, peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Natasha!!--this started out my day with a happy smile and it's very early in the morning right now in this part of the world :)

    And....Love your Life Book art piece--she is beautiful--great words too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with all your award choices great stuff! also dislike when everything changes as I am not computer savvy. and as usual love your lady!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your award and thank you so much for including me in your list!!!! Love your recent queen art!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Natasha... and thank you SO much for the award... I loved reading the 7 things about you... and I just adore your Life Book painting... absolutely divine...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely creation ~Happy PPF ~ namaste, carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're so very welcomee! ;0)

    I love this lady and her little cat (who is beyond cute!!)

    As for google - thanks for letting me know. I wish they'd stop changing things - facebook is rubbish nowadays and I miss loads of stuff because it decides what your top stories are. I don't know what to do about the google follower thing. I might see if I can add blog loving too (although if you have people added to your blogroll then you won't lose them too will you?) it's all very confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the lady and her cat:O) as for Google its the second Ive heard and Im not sure I understand Im sooo not computer savvy and I dont want to loose anyone I adore following.Thanks for sharing:O)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you my friend :)
    I like awards. I did not know this about google plus. Or friend connect or whatever. I wonder if it will affect us much? Stinks.
    I really like your latest painting. Its cool stuff.
    Xxa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the painting and the words... so true.
    Happy PPF! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on the award!! Love the Life Class painting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! So much going on!
    Congratulations on your blog award!
    Love that quote and your new painting, too!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  20. Isn't it nice to be liked?!...heehee!
    Thank you for the award....though I am notorious for not following the rules! Sorry :(

    I am overdue to post Drawing Lab Lesson (have to do the Lesson first...haha!), so I'll see if I can squeeze in 7 facts. I'm pretty boring....not much changes around here either :)

    Love your LifeBook Art....that Tam makes it look so easy, eh? Cute pussycat.....and perhaps you've been listening to Jay's boob advice?

    Hugs!!
    Cam

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely lady with magical wings and great quote, too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely lady with magical wings and great quote, too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful painting and the saying is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely painting! Interesting on Mr Linky, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your work from LifeBook!!! I'm still behind....
    And thank you for the award!! I'm so excited!!! :)) Going to give it to my faves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mmmm, I love muffins. :)

    Congrats on the award. Lovely painting. I especially like her crown!!

    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love her. She is so busty!!! I haven't gotten this far in LifeBook yet. She is so fun, love the cat...cheeks are so you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very nicely done! The words are so nice in this piece. Congrats on your award!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Can I have my muffin? I read everything ;o) LOL! Yeh to Jo-Ann! I am so happy for her!!! My friend, I am so confused about blog land right now! I didn't know that about Linky? Errrrr... I love your latest painting ;o) Big Hugs ;o) And, thanks for the award. I got it twice and I still have another one from a month ago! I will try to do something soon, I promise ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Natasha!!!! congrats on the award and I love this new painting!!!! great face!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your Life Book painting is amazing. Wow. Very nice job.

    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations on your award! A chocolate muffin would be nice thanks! Lol, your artwork is lovely and so true. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am so hungry as I blot this morning so I will take the muffin. LOL. Lovely art and congrats on the award
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabulous painting. She looks like she belongs in one of those old 60's movies about witches.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely painting Nat.
    I really adore the kitty cat, so sweet and the girl does look a witch fronm the sixties like Pravin said.
    Congrats on the blog award and giveaway to the lucky winner....and thanks for the heads u on Google, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congrats to all your lucky blog recipients - and to you, too. I am VERY behind on my Lifebook Class - but I am looking forward to the paint-over collage. Yours is quite lovely. Did not know about Blog Lovin' - is it free to use?

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am SOOO EXCITED to be the winner...YAY!!!! Thank you so much, Natasha May! I emailed my snail mail already.

    I did not realize google is making all these changes...so disappointing! Thanks for sharing this info.

    Congratulations on the blog award! You deserve it :) I always enjoy your posts.

    Love your latest work, she is lovely! Cute kitty, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. you can save all your blogs that your following to a blog list...on your blog... add a blog roll list... click ADD... then a box will appear 'Add to your Blog list'...click Import subscriptions from Googgle reader.. click add then save in the first box... willt ake soem time but works so you don't have to add manually... good luck
    Hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  39. I deserve a muffin and I'll take butter with it please. Nice job on that piece. I like the way she is holding her little pet, close to the heart and other....tee hee. :) Sorry I'm late but have been out of town and still am. Just popped in to try to comment on a few PPF posts. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top