Monday, December 19, 2011

Oh, Betty!

I'm so excited about this week's theme at The Butterfly Effect. It was chosen by one of the participants, Andrea, and it's all about paper dolls! :) 

When I think of paper dolls first thing I remember is my collection of paper dolls when I was little. It was all the rage when I was growing up and I remember buying magazines that had paper dolls at the back to cut out.

And then one of my friends that was a bit older than me, decided to stop collecting them and gave half of the collection to me and the other half to another friend of ours. I was ecstactic! All those paper dolls! :))

Sadly I have none to show because I threw them away when I outgrew them. But my favorite was Betty Boop so I decided to draw her.
.Now I need to make some paper dresses for her. :)

P.S. We have snow today. I don't mind it but I wish it would stop snowing. It just keeps going. It won't stop.


Share/Save/Bookmark

14 comments:

  1. Komaj čakam, da vidim kaj bo nastalo....Betty je zakon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I'm completely and utterly in LOVE. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know!! the stuff we've thrown away and now wish we had kept...but then the memories probably wouldn't seem so special :D
    Fabulous Betty, look forward to seeing her outfits :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love your betty.....should be fun to make clothes for her....

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey!

    guess what?

    i have betty boop tattooed on my butt!

    xxa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Betty ;o) Too bad you didn't keep some of your paper dolls! Would have been nice to see them. We still don't have snow here!!! Not good! Enjoy yours and I hope it stops for you soon ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh Betty what a figure you have!!

    I used to love paper dolls too - such simple times!! I am looking forward to making some for the challenge this week, should be great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a Betty fan and this is gab. Have missed seeing you around on WOYWW.
    Happy Christmas!
    Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job on her! Love to see what kind of dresses you make for her :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Betty Boop looks lovely!!!! When I was a teen, I was a bit obsessed with her. I had all kinds of goodies with her image on it. I still have this rare alarm clock with her on it and also a light-up Christmas tree ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paper dolls - ah takes me back to when kids could have fun with something that wasn't plugged in and made explosive noises all over the place!! Your Betty is so sweet!

    I envy you the snow. The weather here has been strangely mild for this time of year and I don't like it one little bit especially as we had snow from October last year!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mother had Betty oop paper doll when I was little, love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute drawing of Betty!! I came across some of my Barbie paper dolls in a yard sale box this summer - I couldn't bear to throw them away.

    Btw, thank you so fairy much for participating in my last seasonal blog hop. I hope you'll come join the Winter Blog Hop fun, too.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top