Friday, December 30, 2011

Last one in 2011

This is the last post in 2011. Hope everyone will have a good time celebrating the New Years Eve. :)

In my previous post I talked about resolutions and since then added a few more.

One is to adopt the mantra "What goes around comes around". Meaning pretty much that I need to reach out more to people in a good and selfless way.
The other one is that I'm going to try . . . doing the Postcard Challenge 2012 with Darcy. You need to read the "rules" but basically she will post a country every Monday and then we'll link over the weekend the postcard that we made from that country. You have to make up two people that will send each other these postcards though.

My "people" are going to be these two adorable kitties. Mr. Black is a British sailor that's been working on a cruise liner since he was 18 years old. His address is:
Cruise Liner Queen Mary 2
Deck 3
"Britannia Restaurant"
He met Mrs. Tiggy on a port call they made in Melbourne, Australia. She is a member of a Circus Oz that was founded by her ancestors.

They really made a connection but their jobs took them to different parts of the world. They decided to keep in touch with each other through postcards they would send from every stop they made. Her address is:
Circus Oz
Wagon 8
"The Fire Dancer"
 
So, we need a book for this project. I decided not to make a special book for it but to use my art journal. What I will do is paint or collage each page and then glue in an envelope or a paper pocket to hold the postcard as we go along. Here is the first spread introducing the lovely "people".:)

Linking to Paint Party Friday and wishing everyone a

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Wish you health, happiness, luck and prosperity! And of course lots of artistic inspiration. :)) See you next year!!


Share/Save/Bookmark

29 comments:

  1. AAWWW! Mrs. Tiggy and Mr. Black! What great characters. Already I'm in love. I look forward to following along on the adventure. Happy New Year Natashamay. I'm so pleased to have met you. May 2012 bring you all you need and everything you long for. Thanks for being part of my blog. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ideas for the postcard challenge! Have a good new year, and stay so creative! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea - I know that your imagination and artistic talent will be creating some beauties. Can't wait to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea...have fun with it. I love the little kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun project, looking forward to seeing more of these two kitties next year then!

    Happy New Year!

    // -T.W-

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are soooooo delightful ~ Love them! ~~ ~~ Happy New Year to you ~ namaste, Carol, Share the Creative Journey ~ Happy PPF ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. these two are so heartwarming and i wish you so much fun with your adventure! can´t wait to see more! happy new year to you and your lovely pets :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great challenge!!
    Love your kitties!
    May next year bring you a lot of inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is going to be fantastic! Oh, I can't wait to see all their postcards.
    And now I am wondering if you might have pointed me to my project for the next year...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delightful post! I think Miss Tiggy is an astonishingly beautiful feline. I hope she will be happy with Mr. Black. Having owned a cat or two, I would hesitate to become too close to a cat with his ears stretched out. My experience is that they are feisty beings. I just hope she doesn't get hurt. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun idea, postcards across the globe! enjoy the cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your postcard cats are going to be such fun to follow in 2012! Love the map spread to introduce them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an intriguing challenge! Seems like it could be lots of fun! I look forward to seeing where your delightful kitties visit.

    I also wanted to thank you for Pippa. The package actually arrived before Christmas but I wasn't able to get to the post office til yesterday. All the little extra goodies you included was such a surprise and I love them all. You've inspired me to be more serious about my art this year and share it with others. Thanks again! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Natasha May I am really looking forward to following the postcard journey of your kitties (Very Fitting) Happy New Year and Happy Paint Party Friday! #2 Robin Panzer Art Studio 33

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Natasha....this is going to be an amazing adventure. Fabulous characters :D
    And no I didn't paint during Amy's class...have far too much respect for my puter haha. It would be totally covered in gunk trying to paint and type at the same time :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh what a cute set of kitties!!!! I have really enjoyed my visits here in 2011 Natasha!!!! Wishing you all the best as we embark on a whole new year of art adventure!!! Happy New Year 2012!!!!

    Hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the idea of postcards around the globe. Awesome and cute kittys. Looks like your new year is going to be a blast. In the meantime, great work and Happy New Year to you. May it be a great year for you and yours Natasha. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea for the post cards and wonderful kittys to bring in some joy.
    Happy 2012
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  19. fun to see your kitties. sounds like like you are going to enjoy this challenge. good mantra....

    wishing you a lovely New Year, each and every day ~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your kittens visit everyone wishing happy new year, I wish you to be very happy prixim year.

    ReplyDelete
  21. each one is just lovely, beautiful work!
    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New Year!!! Can't wait to see the story of Mr.Black and Mrs Tiggy evolve!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful characters and lovely drawing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awwww...Mrs. Tiggy and Mr Black are adorable! I love your kitties, Natasha! I hope to see more :) Happy New Year...hope its wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG this is awesome, I love the direction you have taken for this!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your cats are adorable and I wish you an happy creative new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. i love your cat characters! it sounds like a really interesting project andi'll look forward to seeing how you get on with it. wishing you a great new year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy new year my friend!
    ManonX

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks like a fun challenge and I love your characters!

    Hope you have a fantastic and creative 2012, Natasha May!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top