Monday, November 7, 2011

Kittens

Last week Amy had a live video workshop and she painted a cat. I haven't painted a blue cat in a while so I was inspired to play along.

I didn't do the fabric and the sewing thing cause that only happens in a parallel universe. For now. I might change my mind later on but for now the sewing machine stays with my mom. That's where it belongs. :)
Blue cat ala Amy
So, I painted kitties in my art journal. The first one looks more like Amy's. I wanted it to look like Amy's. Cause then when I go back and look at my journal when I'm old and stuff and I'll be able to remember when this blue cat happened.

Cause it doesn't look like my cat so I'll be wondering why did I paint it and where I got my inspiration and then it will hit me. It was Amy's workshop! Yeah!

Or I could just write it down cause it's suppose to be an art journal where you write shit down. I should probably do that and not rely on my memory too much. :)
Pumpkin cat

The second kitty doesn't look like my blue cat either. I have no idea why I painted it this way. I guess I was inspired by a pumpkin. That's where it got its belly. :)

I feel I need to explain the sewing thing. I can sew. My mom taught me when I was little cause she sewed all the time. I even took a class on sewing. I sewed myself some short pants with pockets and belt thing and stuff. I can sew!

But it frustrates me. I get nervous around the sewing machine. Just thinking about sewing gets my blood pressure up. Something always goes wrong or the thread is doing weird things and it upsets me.

Like when I do happen to sew something it takes me years to forget that feeling and to try something again. I have not yet forgotten so it will be some time.

Amy is giving away that cat she made during the workshop so I'm linking to The Butterfly Effect.

Linking to the Artists in Blogland as well.


Share/Save/Bookmark

22 comments:

  1. I adore your twin baby blues! (they are twins because they are both blue) ... I have never drawn a cat in my life - at least not that I can remember, and I suspect I'm not going to run out and begin now. I love yours though ... I'm sure I will love amy's when I see it .. which is where I am off to now. xx take care. :o) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blue cats, thea are both real fun and great colours. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Kitties Natasha :D And I totally sympathise with the sewing machine issue. I keep trying, but always end up sewing by hand. Did several patchwork duvet covers one year and managed to sew one to my hand(my fingers had gone numb :D)XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never ever drawn or painted a cat either-hmmmm--maybe I'll give it a try.
    Both of these are so fun and different from each other--kind of like cats in real life...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are nice kitties and I love the color scheme, plus now I'm curious to see how your cats usually look. Cute site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool blue cats . . . I hear you about the sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both very wonderful cats!!! you did a great job, both so cute in different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great cats. The first one looks so sad but has such a cute face. The second one has a great, expressive face. Must be the eyes. As for sewing, it's great you can do it! But if it's stressful and not fun, why bother? One day it might seem like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so cute Natasha! Love them both! I keep missing Amy's classes, hope to catch up soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your blue cats are great but my favorite is the cat with the round belly. I feel the same way about sewing. It's just too much pressure, plus the hassle of dragging out the machine! I guess that means I must be lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your kittens! I especially love the second one... round belly and all!
    Hugs and blessings
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. great little paintings I love the blue cat theme...great idea to use a color not ordinarily used for painting animals/people and objects...I should do this more often too!
    The pumpkin belly cat idea..is great I think you could really experiment more with that.
    cheerio

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I know that feeling about sewing machines but you get over it..I use my poor old machine for some extreme sewing...after a time you become aware why it screws up and how to fix it..can be frustrating but very rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just discoring your blog ...
    I really like your style very poetic.
    Flo
    http://lartenciel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blue cat - the one with the orange background. My favourite colours too :) And I understand what you are saying about sewing - with the difference being that my mother wanted me to learn (she wanted me to be a "dressmaker" when I grew up" but I didn't. I don't like sewing. Maybe one day will be different?

    ReplyDelete
  16. i like you.

    i like your cat.

    i understand the sewing thing completely.

    I LOVE the pumpkin cat.

    you just really make me smile.
    xxa

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! I like your kitties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your pumpkin cat!! He is too cute for words!! And, I understand about the sewing! I am that way with knitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Look at those sweet faces...you have a way of making just sweet looking little faces....

    ...even the demon winged creature you sent me has a pretty sweet little face :)

    Love the whiskers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your kitties are so adorable!!!! They make me smile and I like to smile :0)

    ReplyDelete
  21. that pumpkin cat is so awesome. I keep looking at the arms - sometimes I think he has his hands on his hips, showing his cattitude. sometimes I think he's rubbing his belly because he just ate something delicious. sometimes I think he's got his hands in his pockets, rattling his change and fiddling with his lip balm.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I LOVE that first cat!! Such great colors and blending and shapes.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top