Thursday, October 20, 2011

Just random #20

It's Thursday and it's about to snow. Some random stuff to entertain you.
I just realized today that this lady has already been introduced to you before. But she's cute and she doesn't mind. :) Hope you won't either.

* I'm watching past seasons of House. I'm not even sure if I like them but I'm bored. Isn't it funny how they keep treating patients on a guess? Does that happen in real life?

"This looks like cancer let's give you chemo. Oh, no, now you're worst it looks like it wasn't cancer after all. Oops! Let's guess what's wrong with you again."

* I'm also watching The X Factor. I get embarrassed when people suck and I cry when people are brilliant.

* A couple of days ago or was it last week? I received one really cool mail art. :) Valerie sent me a big envelope of stuff. Awesome tags and this tiny little canvas with an easel. I love it! Thank you! :)

* You know how you can get a foggy effect on a painting if you seal it with a matt finish? Not over all just like splotches of fogginess. You can fix it by putting gloss finish over it. And if you want matt finish you put that on top of the glossy one.

* Past couple of days I was entertaining a thought about what I would do with the money if I won the lottery. I don't play but my dad does. He's been doing so for about 30 years for sure.
* You know how people share like funny/informative photos on FB? I recently saw this photo message shared that said something about vegetarians killing plants, help end the violence. Wait I need to find this and quote it.

"Every day, thousands of innocent plants are killed by vegetarians.
Help end the violence."

Now, I don't eat meat so I guess you can call me a vegetarian. But I don't lecture people about it or try to convince them to stop eating meat. I feel it's a personal choice and today everyone can get information on the internet if they wanted to.

But I do support certain messages that enlighten mistreatment of animals. Many people are not aware how animals suffer so they can get meat on their plate. Once you know, it's up to you what you do with that information.
So, this vegetarians killing plants is referring to messages about animals being killed. And some of my FB "friends" were commenting:

LoL! -- Funny! -- I'm so sharing this!

But I don't think they understand how ridiculous that comes across.

Cause last time I've seen omnivore eat they always had a side of potatoes and a salad next to their meat. And those hamburgers sure do look delicious between bread. Not to mention drinks that are made out of plants like wine and beer.

So, the ones calling for an end towards plant killing are omnivores who are also plant eaters.

Go figure! What a smart message.

I know it's supposed to be funny and sarcastic but it's just plain sad that people don't see the ridiculousness of that message.
This one as well has been posted before. I don't know what I was thinking. :) But I don't feel like searching for another so she's staying put.
Now, before you comment, go read the whole thing again. Cause in my experience when people read about something they disagree with don't bother reading on but feel very passionate about voicing their opinion at that precise moment.

This is not a post about what you eat or not. I don't care what you eat. I care what I eat. But if you feel so strongly against vegetarianism at least find a smarter message to post on your FB wall.


Share/Save/Bookmark

13 comments:

  1. Prekrasno, ti bi mogla bez problema ilustrirati slikovnice i priče za djecu, prekrasno crtaš!

    Lijep pozdrav i svrati na čaj:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work, the wolf looks beautiful and your girl is yum to, or is that what Valerie gave you? any who nice to see your lovely colours and beautiful art Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work again. I stop reading things like you have been describing, I don't want to even know about all these people's strange thoughts anymore! Glad you liked your envelope, you are welcome! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are soooo talented! In LOVE with your cow. You have caught it's essence. Don't have a TV anymore so can't comment on your program content. I'm sort of where Valerie is .. not interested in all the crap in other peoples minds. Wonder if it is our age. I seem to only want really happy uplifting stuff now. Your first 'lady' is very sexy. I had not seen her before. SNOW!? Almost forgot what is like, and for where I come from that is a coup. Have a great creative day .. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love reading your commentary. I'm with you--people can choose to do what they want even if I wouldn't--it's up to them.
    FB makes me laugh--who in the heck has time to do some of these things on it. If I can even get a chance to skim throuh it I'm lucky.
    TV--the only thing that I'm obsessed with is reality shows--right now my current one is Work of Art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the illustrations. My favorite is the cow because I love animal art with big noses. So cute and funny!

    I have watched a million House reruns just like you. Often before they guess cancer they guess Amyloidosis or Sarcoidosis (always wrong).

    I don't eat any meat except fish, and I'm with you. I don't tell other people what to eat but I will give out details on animal suffering if they ask. Most people prefer not to know, because they don't want to feel they should do anything.

    Love the red-haired girl. She does look like she might be fed up with meat eaters today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved reading this, natasha....you tell them!!!! by the way, we don't eat meat either....

    love the art!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow. Omigod. So soon!
    Xxa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I DO eat meat, but I do have emotional conflict over it, because I am such an animal lover. I wouldn't be surprised if one day I quit.

    That aside, it is a really quite silly message to pass around, because though plants are living things, a plant is not an animal. Slicing up a carrot is not in any way, shape or form comparable to killing a cow. And like you said...most meat eaters eat veggies, as well.

    Anyway, thank you so much for naming my Giraffe. He will be Raffie from here on out...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must apologize for laughing at this post... I totally understand the ridiculousness of that statement in regards to vegetarians! I am almost a vegetarian ~ meaning I do not like eating meat but eat it (only beef and poultry) to get my vitamins. I love eating beans and veggies much more so.
    Hugs and blessings
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so funny! I have giggles all the way through your post!

    And thanks for the tip about the matte finish!

    ~Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  12. You...and your art...are very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Natasha you had a lot to talk about today! LOL! My mom and brother love House, personally, I don't like it. Love all your art and I do eat meat ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top