Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I'm getting good at this :) #4

Do you like books? There are times when I swallow every book I put my hand on but then there are times when everything I read bores me to death.

Oh, and I’m probably the only one in the world that has not read any of the Harry Potter books. Nor Lord of the rings. I haven’t watched the movies either. Well, I did get free tickets to see one of the Ring’s movies but was so freaking bored I said never again. I told my friend afterwards that the damn kid was climbing the mountain the whole freaking movie and still didn’t get to the top. And she said to me, Natasha, he’s been climbing that mountain for the past 2 movies as well. No wonder then!

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that lately I’ve been buying books that I already have at home. I don’t know why this keeps happening to me. I see a good deal on the book and when I get it I’m like confused why the story is so familiar. Of course it is. I’ve read it before.

Oh, well. I already told my friends they’re getting books as gifts this year. :) The only trick is that they’ll need to get the previous volumes first to get the whole story. :)

My all time favorite book is Pride and Prejudice. What's yours?

And now for the art part. Remember these two from Sunday's post? See how ugly the sketch starts out? :)
Pencil sketch

Pen outline.
See how pretty they end up? :)
And thank you to everyone who's congratulated me on the giveaway win. I'm super excited about it. :)
Linking to Wizard of Whimsy.

Share/Save/Bookmark

20 comments:

  1. OMG I missed this, did you actually win a spot? Lucky lucky you ;-) I am considering this Life Book too, but need to save some money first LOL
    About reading, I read a lot. I have an Ereader now for a year or two, and it's great. About Harry Potter, I never read them with my children, they just weren't interested. But recently I read them all and I loved them! I don't think I have a favorite book, I have lots of them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natasha, you have a none reading lord of the rings and harry potter book friend!
    Your girls are looking lovely!
    :) Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls do get very gorgeous as they grow don't they. Better than the other way around .. ha ha. :o) Donnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not alone! I haven't read the Harry Potter books or Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I have read all of the Narnia Chronicles though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun post - great addition to the whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Harry Potter! But lots of other books, too. Wish I could change my face to pretty like this! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. me too Natasha!!! some books take me in and some...not that great.....

    I love your ladies....especially the one with the Angel wings!!!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty and cute!

    I only read in the Summer...and haven't touched Harry Potter, Twilight or anything epic and long....I guess I'm a lazy reader...haha!
    I did love the Lord of the Rings movies though.....Frodo was my least favorite character.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your BIG WIN! Fabulous!

    I have never read Harry Potter. What's up with that!!? lol. I tried but failed. And I also buy books I already have, and magazines too. Shows I shouldn't buy them at all my hubby says!....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the whimsical females ~ very creative! ~thanks, namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) linked with Whimsical Weds ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was so excited for you when I heard you won a spot in Life Book!!! congrats!! And you are not the only one who has not read Harry or Lord of the rings! I have never read either series. Love the artwork natasha! Great to see the progression. What did you use for the final piece? Paint?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes, so very Pretty! question, why did you make the sun line up and not the ground? Just curious.

    I've read on Harry Potter book...but did see a couple of the movies..Gag!

    However, Lord of the Rings..a couple of things...they cannot be seen out of order. You must read before seeing...or instead of...and Read The Hobbit if nothing else. It's more geared to kids, and is a wonderful story.

    My favorite book of all time is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
    Favorite book of this generation..is a funny. Lamb: the gospel according to Biff, Christ boyhood friend (I'm quoting the last part of the title loosely.) by Christopher Moore.

    Your girls are very sweet..and well..just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty ladies! I have also never read a Harry Potter book nor seen the movies nor care to. I have read the LotR books and seen those movies. The movies (as is usually the case) are no where near as good as the books, but they do have a very handsome Aragorn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your sketches turned into absolutely lovely paintings, Natasha! :) I have read all the Harry Potter books, and my hubby has read the Lord of the Rings collection 14 times! I ADORE books - I would say that of all my beloved books my favorites are "Wuthering Heights," "Alice in Wonderland," and "Stardust."

    ReplyDelete
  15. I havent read any of the harry potter of lord of the rings books either, I have seen the HP movies though, My favourite author at the moment is John Grisham. I did really enjoy reading Cancer Schmancer by Fran Dresscher.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, I thought I was the only one who hadn't read / seen Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter! Now I know I'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such bright and bold colors, and they look like really great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These turned out awesome...love the colors, curvy figures and big hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know what you mean about going through stages with books. Although I have to say I love Lord Of the Rings and Harry Potter.
    Your ladies are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top