Thursday, October 6, 2011

Daisies for you #6

Say hi to Daisy. :) I got a few questions regarding my drawing/painting technique so I figured I'd spill the beans. :)

I mean, I've made tutorials so it's not really a secret. You can refer to the Mama Bear tutorial and the Unicorn tutorial if you want to see how I do it.
You can see that the first Daisy is painted a little different than the others. I used acrylic paint and india ink pens for the face back then before I fell in love with watercolor pencils. The intensity of shading is lighter now but the scanner eats up a lot of the color as well, so in real life they are not as pale.
Thehair is india ink pen and the rest is acrylic paint, only the sky on the last one is watercolor pencil. I love doing the sky that way. :)
Somewhat Simple Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom












Share/Save/Bookmark

9 comments:

  1. Lovely work & thanks for the explanations! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty much use the same mediums as you do. I don't know which is my favorite. The pitt pens are so awesome to work with, but then I love the watercolor pencils/crayons too......
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prekarsne slike, sve pohvale!

    Lijep pozdrav:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so fun to see (and hear more about) your process! I also loved seeing how your sketch went from pencil to ink to full color a couple of posts down :)

    I think it's cool that you paint on your lap (and your work table looks like mine - hee hee!)

    Congratulations on the Gritty Jane giveaway - when I saw your name on her site I was like "Woo-hoo! Yay Natasha May!" (after my initial disappointment that I didn't win, of course ;) hahaha!)

    I really like how all of your paintings are hung together on your walk in closet - I'm sure it is very inspirational to see them all together like that! (I'm sorry to hear that some of your friends and family let you down.)

    Sorry to ramble (there's just so much goodness I wanted to comment on)...

    xo
    Kristin

    p.s. I hope Charlie is feeling better (he looks cute in his mesh body suit)!

    (Okay... that's it... I promise! ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your girls always have the sweetest faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Natasha;
    They are all very lovely. I love the daisies.
    Hugs and blessings
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are just beautiful, thanks for sharing the process :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent explanation! Love your art ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are SO sweet!!! Thanks for explaining how you create them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top