Friday, October 7, 2011

#7 Isn't it funny?

Isn’t it funny how one small thing can ruin your whole day?

I got some mail yesterday that put me in a bad mood. Well, first I was furious then started calling numbers but they were smart and didn’t pick up the phone. Then I started to write a letter but stopped to check if I got all the facts right and then I realized that it was my fault.

I forgot to do something. Now I’m mad at myself for forgetting and mad at the institution for not reminding me or something.

So, I try to see the thing from another point of view. I’m trying to figure out if this was something that the Universe is trying to help me with or whatever. But can’t seem to find the silver lining.

Then I read about Jobs who died yesterday and his quote:
"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything -- all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure -- these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important." 
Source

My little thing doesn’t seem so big right now, does it?

But with all do respect to mr. Jobs, it is party time today!! Join us at PPF.
I’m still working on my giveaway piece. Yes, I am pimping and I have no idea what you’re all still doing here. You should be checking out The Butterfly Effect to see how you can still enter this week. We all have portraits, right? So, what’s up? Why aren’t you linking over there? :)

You can get a head start on next week’s theme which is wings. And if you link up next week you’ll have a chance to win this painting of mine once it’s finished. It will be by Monday. I promise.

Oh, crap! I just remembered I forgot to do the October's newsletter. Or was it September’s. I have no clue. Either way I’m late. I’ll make sure I’ll do it by tomorrow. Subscribe on the top left sidebar if you want to. :)


Share/Save/Bookmark

34 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for mentioning Jobs....he became 'unfashionable' very quickly - right?
    So hey! That painting looks Great! *I* want to win it!
    Xx,
    A

    P.S,..., fuck typing on my phone.... Sending smoke signals would be easier...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I wrote about Steve Jobs today to. He inspired me. Just linked to The Butterfly Effect. Great sight .. thanks for the introduction. Love your painting ... Amy! Take a Hike! It's mine. :o) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting! And take it easy.... Valerie
    PS your mail art will be posted on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baš ti je krasna ova mlada dama!

    Ugodan vikend ti želim:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is a beautiful quote of Steve Jobs. It is sad that someone so very talented and creative passed away so relatively young. I think my ipod is the best invention ever - all those songs stored in one tiny little bit of technology! The quote reminds me of a song called 'live like you're dying' which is so ironic as it seems to be until we find out we don't have all the time in the world that we actually start to take stock of what's important.

    Anyway, that's wall very deep and gloomy - your painting is beautiful and I'm off to the butterfly effect to see what I've been missing out on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Steve Jobs was a special person and an inspiration to all of us. Sad that he is gone so soon.
    Thanks for your post, showing that all of us can have bummer days for one reason or another, but art will bring us through it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been very sad about the passing of Steve Jobs. Even if I wasn't a diehard Mac user, I would still have to be amazed at his intellect and creativity. He was much too young to leave the world so soon.

    On a happier note, I'm loving the wings on your fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your fairy ~ very well done ~ thanks ~Happy PPF ~ namaste, Carol ^_^ (Share the Creative Journey)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your painting looks wonderful- LOVE the way you did the wings!
    Happy PPF,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great piece. I'm glad you mentioned the Butterfly Effect. I hope others will join in on that effort.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very interesting backgroundn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing the quote...it totally puts things in perspective! Love the piece you're working on! Have a wonderfully creative weekend! POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your fairy on the limb. Very nicely done. Hope things pick up for you, just take it slow and easy.:) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The painting is coming along very nicely! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every good thing in my life I owe to Steve Jobs. Macintosh changed the direction of my life completely.

    Love your fairy, now, I think you might need to slow down a little before you make yourself crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful painting! Steve Jobs sure was talented.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the texture and colours. So much atmosphere! Beautiful!
    Really enjoyed reading your post and what a way to end in such a deep and opening enlightenment. Thank you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the background in your fairy painting!! Happy PPF :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that background in your painting! It's sad about Steve Jobs. He was a smart man and knew what was important to him so hopefully made the absolute best of his last weeks here.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your painting is amazing! I truly love her so much! Isn't it true, when you are facing death, all these little things really don't matter!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your fairy has a lot of sassy personality.

    I like to think that Steve will keep inspiring many wherever he is now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great winged girl! Coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, you crack me up! Wonderful quote and brilliant art (naturally) :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sure puts everything in perspective, death I mean! Ooooh, what kind of wings does your fairy have? Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes if only we could live like we were dying now instead of waiting for death to change our perspective!Beautiful painting! She has dragon wings, oh , NICE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your painting looks amazing.. Such a same that such a great mind is gone...
    Your post here made me smile..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  27. incredible background on this piece! wow!!
    yep, I know how that one little thing can mess the day up, it's a great quote to remember!
    ~Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that quote by Jobs. Your painting is looking great, LOVE the colors and background! And thanks for your comment... it DOES feel really good to paint... always :-)

    xoEsther

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love that quote from JObs....and your painting is beautiful...happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. she is super cool. Loving that background so much. love her bad-ass attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  31. A bird on her shoulders! That's a good idea, hmmm . . . xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh...i love your little impish fairy...i wpould lovbe to win her for my daughter...so her!!!anyhoos..have you seen his speech to grad students at stanford i think it is...it is inspirational...just go to youtube...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love her and I want her. I don't even know about this linky you're speaking of. I am so behind!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top