Sunday, October 30, 2011

# 30 I'll put Voodoo on your doll

On the last day before Halloween I give you the Voodoo Doll. :)

But wait! 

I’ve done some research and wiki says that there is a practice in Haiti of nailing crude poppets with a discarded shoe on trees near the cemetery to act as messengers to the otherworld, which is very different in function from how poppets are portrayed as being used by Vodou worshippers in popular media and imagination.

We’ve been brainwashed by Hollywood, people! And James Bond is the one to blame. He is, trust me! :)
Voodoo Doll
Oh, well! There will be no more casting spells with Voodoo dolls for me. :)

Are you ready for tomorrow’s party? 
I sure am! 

Make sure to stop by tomorrow on Halloween to link your scary stuff here on my blog and I’ll make sure I’ll come over with drinks and candy.

Of course you can drink. 
Who said you can’t? 
Just make sure you don’t drive home.:)
Grab the creepy redhead and post her on your blog. Just for fun. And because you're super cool! :)




Share/Save/Bookmark

11 comments:

  1. Poor dolls getting nailed! But I haven't got any dolls, so that lets e out! Have a nice Sunday, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. James Bond? At fault? No, say it isn't so .. he's my hero. :o) Love your voodoo doll and the 'you can drink' sign is a hoot. Have a happy day, Natasha. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your first picture it made me laughh, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I wish I had a voodoo doll for some people I know. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool work, love the angles of the nails as if they're pointing towards you with their rounded red tips!
    Her stitched belly and chest is an awesome touch as well~

    // -T.W

    ReplyDelete
  6. :)
    the pin is in her EYE! ah!! i have a fear of shit going in my eye!

    i seriously need to finish my halloween thing for your party tomorrow!
    xxa

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderfully creepy voodoo doll!, yeah, the eye thing is really gross!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for visiting my blog. I am happy to be here too.
    Your art and blog are awesome!
    I specialy like your drowing.
    ♥☼

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't drink and fly!!! LOL! Too funny! Love your voodoo doll! James Bond, really? LOL! Love your sense of humor Natatsha ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Natasha, I didn't spell your name right, sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top