Monday, August 8, 2011

All together now





It's the final week of Summer of Color. I think this was the first challenge that I stuck to until the end. See, I'm one of those people that get all excited about something new and then get bored really easily and drop the thing like a hot potato. So I'm really glad I got to finish this one. :)

But I thought there were more colors than this. Just eight? Think about it. We only see eight colors and their nuances. Well 5 really if you count orange, pink and purple as a nuance. And why don't we count white and black as a color? Is gray considered a color? Wait I need to Google this cause it's bugging me.:)

Ok, so I know there are three primary colors. Yellow, red and blue. And there are three secondary colors. Orange, violet and green. Oh, look! Green is a nuance as well. :) But I'm missing pink and brown. They are not tertiary colors so how do we call them?

Oh, did you know that if you add white to a color it's called a tint, if you add black to a color it's called a shade and if you add gray to a color it's called a tone? I did not know that.

Anyways. I wish I could have done more of a creative photo of the bunch but I don't have them with me anymore apart from the first one and the last one.

So it was nice to have met you all! Hope you get to stick around a bit longer. :) I still plan to post my ATC's cause I have loads of them.

Edit: I just realized I made a rainbow girl that fits perfect for this last showcase. :) Hop on over to The Butterfly Effect while you're at it. :)



Share/Save/Bookmark

24 comments:

  1. Natasha-I love your summer colors...especilaly the pinks and greens...they just sing to me somehow:) I know...color theory is a pain sometimes...+ very confussing. I just work with what feesl right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Natasha... love seeing all your beautiful ATC's together...

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing all the pics tpgether and thanks for the info about the colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That is an accomplishment! I'm the same way, so I know exactly what you're talking about...haha!

    I love seeing them all together like that...those cute little faces :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Natasha. I was trying to pick a favourite but was torn between the tropical sunset, the girl with pink hair and the girl with pink hair....(well, both girls with pink hair) and the girl with blue hair....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting info...and your pieces look amazing all compiled together..thankyou for sharing your gorgeous work...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see all your ATCs together Natasha. They are all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed seeing some of your ATCs, so it's wonderful to see them all together in a collection. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing everyone's art all together like this--I really enjoy what comes out of that head of yours--these are all so fun!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All fabulous artwork, love them all. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE it! What a wonderful display of your tremendous talents! And I'm so glad you stuck with it - your presence was a big part of the event - thank you and I will stay around longer ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't pick a favorite as I like them all. They look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They all look so pretty all together, and I love her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Colors Of Summer Art Work! And I Love The Girl With The Rainbow Hair! Gorgeous! Tee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! Your Summer of Color pieces are wonderful! I wish it wasn't over so soon! Thanks for the sweet tidbits of information about tints and shades and all! Enjoy the rest of your August, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehe, love all your ATC's Natasha, they look so good all displayed together. I have enjoyed visiting you and now have your button on my sidebar so you will see me sneaking in for a visit now and again.
    Lesley ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look great all together.. love them.. didn't realize that about the different names for adding bits.. and your rainbow girl is too cute.. it's been a fun and amazing journey..
    Kath
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice little group of ATC's. Your work has a wonderful appeal all together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. really wonderful collection here. The rainbow girl is so cute, and I love the info on shades, tints etc... I didn't know this either. I will keep you bookmarked and check in on your work. You are truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So lovely seeing all your 'colour' atc's again all together.
    What a fab challenge it has been, and I love Rainbow girl..a fantastic addition to your colour creations :)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your happy art; I'm glad we shared this amazing journey together!~
    Keep at it ;D You are so talented~

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your Summer of Colour artwork looks wonderful all together. Your rainbow girl is very cool (I did a rainbow last page too!).

    Hope to see you next year at Summer of Colour 2!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is great to see all your atc's together like this. All those sweet colorful "figures"! :-))

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top