Monday, July 18, 2011

It's red and it's winged


I am late today. :) I forgot to preschedule the post. Do you preschedule your posts? I find it easier to be witty and charming in the evenings than at 7 in the morning. :)

So what’s happening today? I have to call my gynecologist to schedule a visit on Friday and call the dog hairdresser for an appointment. The little pooch is getting hot under all that fur and the big pooch developed dreads on her butt. Don’t ask me how but apparently while combing her we only combed the top layer. And I would cut it myself but it’s really big and so close to the skin I’m afraid I’d cut her by accident. And we don’t have that machine for cutting dog fur either. Oh well, I was meaning to try out that new doggy salon in town anyway.

And this just pisses me off. Why do animals have long fur if you can’t take care of it normally? I mean, yes, you have to comb it but I have a cat that I have to cut the fur around her butt, too, cause it gets so long her poop gets stuck in it. I’m not kidding! And because she’s so furry you don’t get to see the poop straight away it’s only when she jumps in your lap to cuddle that you go: “What’s that smell?”

It’s the same thing with my mom’s dog. We have to cut his butt, too, or he’ll have shit hanging all over him. And he’s not easily convinced to let us do that. One of us is holding his collar and the other is cleaning his butt. Not to mention my dad yelling in the background to leave the poor dog alone cause he’s making noises like we’re neutering him or something. It’s hilarious unless you’re the one doing it. My hubby was brave once and hold his collar but the dog nearly bit him. I don’t need to say he’s not helping anymore. Yeah see, the females in our household are the one in charge of the animals. You’d think the opposite, right?

Anyway, enough of the babble. I told you it’s better if I preschedule. :))) It's 7 in the morning and I'm still half a sleep. Give me a brake! :)

Summer of Color chose red for this week with something winged. I did this ATC in June for Summer of Song swap over at Willowing.ning. :) It corresponds so well with this week's theme that I just had to show it.

And because it's a mixed media piece I'm entering it over at The Butterfly Effect.


Share/Save/Bookmark

33 comments:

  1. Love your picture and your funny tale of fur and hairdressers for cats and dogs! Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahah sorry but your poor dog story had me laughing I totally agree though why have long hair in the first place? You managed to create some wonderful images in my head of you and your cat having a cuddle then realising the smell heehee oh dear. If it makes you feel any better we're having a problem with our dog Tinkerbell she keeps eating poo!!!! Ewwwwwwwww!!!! Love this piece and those gorgeous warm colours, lovely work! :0) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red sky with the music sheet in the background of the singing bird. :-) Very nice piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific ATC and love your shaggy dog story......lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is beautiful...she looks like she is singing under the moon...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. More art love!! And thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning--maybe you could write more at 7:00 am
    :)
    :)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your art and your story! My sister in law burnt out a pair of peoples electric hair clippers on her dog! julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Red picture. It is awesome and the bird silhouette is great! Love the I wonder how the critters made it in the wild? My daughter spends mega bucks grooming and buying pet wipes for the same reason!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice story NatashaMay! i can relate with the dog hair! daisy never sits so I can comb her!
    your piece is great, love the sil
    houette!
    I forgot to add wings to mine. it's way too hot here to think properly! lol
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your picture Natasha and can relate to the pooh stories too haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your butt chat made me laugh and I always get that end to deal with too!

    Sweet picture Natasha May, great background and her little face is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your girl. It makes me wish I was on a tropical island at the moment with her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty sunset~

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha, you're so funny!! Love your new painting, the colors are beautiful, makes me want to go to the beach at sunset!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK Natasha, you are officially banned from writing your posts at 7am. No more poop stories please!! One minute I was enjoying the tropical colours of your ATC then the next the most horrid smell hit my nostrils!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your tropical image, it has a nice feeling to it. And your story...ewwww!!!! :-)

    xoEsther

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your ATC! And I love your story nothing beats telling it how it is. Baby butts or dog butts - we females get them all! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like you, you make me laugh out loud. I've currently got a bunny rabbit with poop hanging from his but :P I've also had a pup with long fur...I miss her though.

    Your *red* piece is fabulous :)
    xo Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your red atc! Especially like the music sheet in the background. Believe it or not, I always wipe doggy's butt after his duty is done. I learned that one from my last dog that had problems... Kitty comes and tells me immediately if there is a problem - very loudly I might add -lol!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh the trials of owning pets!!! Love the ATC.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great piece! I love your style, that red and of course your mysterious, tropical background. And your story had me cracking up - our (very old) cat has dreads 'cause no matter how I groom her, she does nothing all day but lay around and get her LONG hair tangled, sigh . . . good to know we're all in the same boat ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this piece..... gorgeous colours and sweet girl and bird:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, what a lovely sunset with the music paper in the background, your girl is super cute too!
    Oh, I can totally relate to your doggy tales...tangled dreads, poo... I often wonder how my pooch would survive in the wild without his grooming, trims and the odd butt wipe!!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh this is nice Natasha. I love your faces, so darling.
    Your stories are always fun to read. I have cats so I don't relate but can only imagine.
    Love your kitties on the sidebar.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  25. rofl!!!

    i'm pretty sure that the only reason dogs and cats have long hair is because us humans bred them that way.....i guess the whole poop-stuck-to-butt is a bit of a design flaw.

    it's also why all of my animals have short hair.

    never. will i have a long-haired anything.

    bee-yooo-teee-full card, though...i love the bird silhouette...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh wow!!! this is beautiful!!!! wonderful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card/tag?

    I also usually pre schedule makes life easier ;0)

    Lots of animals have this problem! In the wild or domesticated but it makes you think what a silly thing. Imagine in the wild the disadvantages smell, pray etc and way hope all your animals are poop free.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your ATC's they are so adorable especially this one for red week and I know what you mean about animals and their fur. My dog has the same problem with poop and all, it's a nightmare so I try and keep all his fur clipped.

    ReplyDelete
  29. She is adorable Natasha... and I just love the birdie in the background...

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Too much information about your cat and dog.
    Your ATC is lovely though.

    ReplyDelete
  31. beautiful job on the sunset and blending red and yellow. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are so funny & brutally honest at 7am in the morning!!! Great Aceo too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, pre-scheduling posts? What a great idea! Never have before but I am going to look into that one. There are times late at night I get a good idea for a post and completely forget it by morning.

    Your picture is beautiful...nice and tropical!

    Love your furry butt stories. My puppy has short hair...although she still sheds way too much...but no hanging poop!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top