Friday, June 10, 2011

Home is my haven


If you just popped in and have no idea what I’m babbling about, go check out this series of blog posts where I talk about how I paint and what it all means to me.

You’re probably wondering how to know which vision of a painting is the right one. I find it it’s the one I keep coming back to. I make it a goal to envision at least five different possibilities for my painting even though the first one is totally awesome. I sometimes write it down not to forget but I don’t stop at the first one. I keep searching. I imagine different stuff I usually paint then I go even further and envision funny or odd looking things.

Remember, I’m not committing to anything here so I’m not afraid to explore my imagination. But what almost always happens is that I will keep coming back to one single idea. That doesn’t mean that the other ones totally suck. It means they are not the “soul” of this particular painting. And those ideas will probably get me excited about an amazing second painting that I will start right after I’m done painting this one or even while waiting for some paint to dry in between.

And I try not to get discouraged if it doesn’t happen right away. I, more times than not, have to look at the painting for a couple of days to “get the picture”.

And you won’t believe it but when I do find “the soul” of the painting it just might happen that the background doesn’t match the soul. And what is there to do? You’ll find out in my next blog post. :)

Today's painting is titled "Home is my haven". When the wind is blowing and the rain is pouring down, you can always rely on home sweet home.

Again the background is spray painted and the rest is collaged. For the house I used one of the beautiful tags that Sandie from itchyfingers sent me after I won her first giveaway. Thank you Sandie! :)

Have an awesome weekend and don't forget to stop by the rest of the PPF-ers! :)))


Share/Save/Bookmark

43 comments:

  1. Such lovely artwork, love the shading on her face. Well Done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your variations, great idea! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful artwork and a great way of portraying your feelings. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous piece! I really love these spray painted backgrounds, I'd love to try something like that! I really love how you've done the path in this one and it was so great to hear your thought process behind your paintings. I've been feeling like I'm fighting a creative block the last couple of months and reading your posts really inspire me :0) Lovely piece! oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nat, I love this and all that's behind it too.

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little rain girl - home is our haven when the world rains on you - that and a sturdy umbrella!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The detail on her face is just exquisite. So loving your blog posts lately - thanks for sharing insights into your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how spiritual the process of painting is for you - I try to open myself up to that but I don't seem to have a little spirit other than my desire to include dogs in most of what I do! I do like playing with ideas in my mind though and sometimes have no idea where they come from. This is just beautiful. I love how you spraypainted the background and the umbrella paper print - her precious face - just all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this painting. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Work with fun and that's good, the results are in sight, you're right to be left to rest a little paint to then find the way to go. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just so delightful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your art, I love your words behind your work,, thanks so much for visiting me and your compliments,,

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh she's just lovely! really love the hair and everything about her pretty face!

    ReplyDelete
  14. the house is smiling, I can see it!
    what a delightful painting/collage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very creative and the background technique sounds cool. Your faces are great and I love the idea of trying several versions for a painting before settling on the "right" one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is quite beautiful. I especially like her eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. very nice, wonder what she's thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your style and creations! HAPPY PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is always so great to hear about how your wonderful paintings come to life - Thank you for sharing your thought process :)

    xo
    Kristin

    p.s. I absolutely adore her umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh it really does look windy and stormy...so atmospheric. LOVELY work...and thankyou for sharing more of the process you go through..so insightful x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like the idea of a spray painted background. That has me intrigued! Your painting is wonderful! Gorgeous work! I love that you include your thought process. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. HOME will always be our haven. I like your thought process. Beautiful work! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  23. you're technique is fab--what kind of paper do you use? The texture really brings a lot to the painting. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous pieces! Love how one painting leads to another!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful painting! Just love it. And a great post, too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your intuition is driving your painting. Very inspiring. You make such lovely paintings and I love this title.

    Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. nice process and beautiful outcome.
    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely painting, thanks for showing us the process and variations.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this piece and I really love the idea of imagining different versions of a painting to find the one that speaks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. i love the girls in your paintings!! awesome work week after week!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very, very impressive! I love her and your style alot!! Nice to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. She is beautiful and I love the thought process behind your painting :D
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi! Your art is wonderful and I'm loving this series of posts! What a great blog! And just in case you didn't get my email, you won my giveaway on my blog!

    xoxoEsther

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your characters! They remind me of Tascha's and she just got her licensed! You have such a nice style! Love the whimsy too!
    Happy ppf!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a beautiful art work!
    I love your amazing blog!
    Warmly
    Marinela x

    Mother Poems

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is beautiful Natasha! I just love the background and her flying hair and the print umbrella.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am loving your artwork xxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. She's beautiful! I love seeing how you put it together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. oh wow. where the hell have you been hiding this awesome blog?

    why wasn't i already following it?!?

    no matter - i am now :)

    sharing bloggy love...

    xx,
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  40. So sweet...anything with a house in it touches a soft spot in my being :)

    I've been enjoying seeing your process and the finished results have been wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love it, thanks for sharing your process.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top