Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's big...ger


Ok, so it might be no biggy to you but it is to me. :) I painted my first whimsy girl this big. The canvas size is 30x40 cm. (11,8"x15,7")

I just can't explain how good it felt to make this painting. The abstract itself to me is very liberating. How I let my intuition guide me through brush strokes and color choices. Then I decided I'm gonna skip my safety net of drawing on paper and go straight to canvas. Again I had to trust my intuition that proportions of the face that I wanted were correct cause it was hard to see the pencil lines on this background.

The whole painting was actually painting itself. I had no predisposition of how the end result will look like. I just knew I wanted to place a girl on the abstract background and that was it. For a second I envisioned her as a brunette or maybe a red head but when I put a base color of hair on her she ended up being a blond. And I love the contrast of her hair against the whole color scheme and how the softness of the flowers on her shirt are the exact opposite of the harsh lines of the background. Can you tell I'm excited about her?! :)

This painting just might be a milestone in my creative expression. I decided I'm ready to show my paintings in a gallery. That is if any of them will be interested. :) But making that decision is a start in itself. So to apply I need to build my portfolio and make my paintings more diverse in size. You know, so there can be a focal point to showcase around.


Share/Save/Bookmark

12 comments:

  1. Great work Natasha, well done! Love the contrast between background and the sweet girl! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natasha she is lovely!! I'm so happy for you to have made the decision to move forward in a big way with your art. I'm sure you will find plenty of people to showcase your work and I look forward to following this exciting new step in your artistic career :0) I love painting on canvas and I know you are going to get alot out of it. You should try the canvas pages if you find them that I just discoverd, really good way of painting of canvas without every painting taking up so much room. Well done Natasha this a a wonderful piece. Love the background :0) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE her!!! And I want to try the same thing--painting the face directly onto the canvas instead of the paper first--sort of like taking the training wheels off of the bike. I am going to try it--I hope I can get inspired like this! This is so unique, and believe me, you'll have no trouble getting your art into galleries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job on her and her blong hair is perfect against the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uuu, veliko. Pa drugačno kot do sedaj. Zanimivo :)
    Viš, meni pa je že od začetka fino packar kar direkt na platno. Le zdaj s temi SheArt sem se malo razvadila :) Pa še zdaj je končni rezultat čisto drugačen od skice na papirju.
    Prav simpatična bejba je.

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning work..she's beautiful..BIG hugs for stepping out of your comfort zone and taking those small steps towards making your dreams real.Yayyy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - so fabulous, Natasha! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! Go for it regarding the gallery - you will never know unless you try! :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. u, luštno, lepe učke ima.

    ReplyDelete
  9. bravo for you!! i remember the first time i decided to paint directly on canvas and leave my paper aside, how scary that was!!

    you did an amazing job and she is adorable! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Painting huge is sooo amazing and it sounds like you definitely had fun with it...and it looks great. Hope you do more:D Snuggles to all your furry hearts and a hug to you as well. Have a wonderful weekend. XO.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very funky little painting x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! I love the background and she is such a cutie!! Good luck getting your work shown - I dream of it but need to actually do some work I keep for myself first (and which is bigger than the ACEOs I've been working on recently!)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top