Monday, December 27, 2010

Some cats and Happy New Year wishes

I was looking for ways to make simple and quick paintings that I can do a fair amount in a minimum of time spent painting. Here they are. :)

They are made for Mačjelovka (cat catcher or cat hunter), an association that helps feral and stray cats. I used to be an active member of this association. I helped catch feral cats to spay and neuter and for some time I was a foster mom for the kittens. :) Through time it became harder and harder for me to put the kittens up for adoption. There were fewer and fewer homes willing to take such kittens into their home under our conditions and when they started to stay with me for months I became attached to them and ended up keeping them. That's why I have 7 cats and my mom has 5 of them. :) I had to stop at this number for my cats' sake so I stopped fostering.

But there is still a way that I can help. Mačjelovka has selling booths on different occasions throughout the year and I decided to donate paintings. They are made as a simple background with a black cat silhouette. The purple one was even made with a help from a stencil. I just painted in the eyes. :)

And this is my new Penny. I tried to finish her but her hair is giving me trouble. So she'll just have to wait for the New Year. :)

Happy New Year to all my blogland friends! May all your resolutions for the New Year come true and I wish you health and happiness most of all. :)


Share/Save/Bookmark

17 comments:

  1. Ful so kjutkane. Najbolj pa sta mi všeč ta prva in ta zadnja.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mačjki so fantastični! Sploh tista zadnja, ki se preteguje. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great Natasha--I can so see them as cards--love the reason for them too!
    A very Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great paintings for the fur babies! Good for you Natasha. I love my puss cats too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super ideja za slikice. Verjamem, da bodo našle lastnike in s tem pomagale mačkom.
    Penika pa je simpatična. Uhh, lasje, ja.. se mi zdi, da pri nekaterih rečeh vsakič znova iščem najboljši način, pa ga ni pa ni.. bo treba še kar naprej poskušat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way the cats tails are twined together. What a great way to support this group! Happy New Year to you also!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cats look great. I have 3 indoor cats and 2 that live in my barn. It is so hard to resist kittens. They are so cute. I like Penny too she has a lovely face.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them all! Happy New Year to you! I am so glad you are back blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cat paintings. Also the cats on the sidebar. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Natasha these are all so gorgeous I love them! I really enjoy painting sillouhette paintings you have inspired me to get back into it again! My mum rescued a cat on Christmas eve, such a skinny neglected little thing she found whilst out walking her dog, poor little thing. She is now staying with my mum til they can find her a good home. At least she got to spend a nice Christmas with my mum.

    Great paintings and a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy new year sweetie! love the kitties! oxo
    samos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest sweet Natash, your new paintings are gorgeous! I really adore that one with the cat and the mouse!! :) I hope you had a wonderful warm christmas! Wishing you JOY and LOVE for a wonderful Christmas my sweet friend. Thank you for all the blessings you have given me this year. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cat paintings are AWESOME, Natasha! I love all of them. What a great cause you created them for. Your new girl is lovely, too. I wish you and yours a Happy New Year, as well. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year! I hope all your wishes for the new year come true.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a great cause! and you're helping in your own special way :) your kitties are so cute too. I would have a hard time parting with them as well! I'm a sucker for a stray as well....our cat just showed up in our garden one day and has stayed for years ;) now she's just part of the family!~ Happy new Year!~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mačke so carice, samo ptička jih pa prekosi :)

    Želim ti srčno, iskrivo, igrivo in nagajivo 2011 :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top