Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm pimpin' today

I'm doing a couple of on-line workshops again. :) Now, you know I was on vacation so I'm pretty much broke so I was ecstatic when I found out that Tam from Willowing is having a free on-line workshop starting 18. October. How awesome is that?! :))) I've been wanting to take one of her classes for a long time but I never got around to it so this is a perfect opportunity. Click on the button below to take you there.

willowing.ning.com

And just before my vacation I managed to squeeze Wyanne's new class into my budget. :) It's called Paint Free but it's not for free it's just the name of the class. :) We already started this class but I see now that Wyanne has planned another group for the 25. October.



And this is my sketch for Kelly Berkey's weekly challenge. :) She is posting pictures of herself in different poses for us to sketch. Here are the rules but as she puts it there really are none. Just do what you like. :) I did this sketch with a pencil and watersoluble oil pastels. I left it pretty loose cause I tend to get too much into details then I get frustrated when it doesn't come out as I wanted it to. so this is me squinting my eyes and just doing shapes and shadows. Very loose. :)


Share/Save/Bookmark

14 comments:

  1. Your piece is gorgeous! ♥ And I just signed up to the Willowing site! Thank you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is how I like full body sketches--very loose and abstract like this--it's great. I signed up for Tam's class too. There are so many that I want to take. I'm actually making a list :) and then choosing one or two for later. How do you like Paint Free?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll see you in Tam's class as well! It's so great that she's doing this!!
    Your body sketch of Kelly is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sketch Natasha! I miss drawing!!! Now I know what I'll be doing today. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh me too Natasha - I'm doing Tam's course!
    Kelly's challenge is great. You did a great job - nice and loose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice job, Natasha. I never heard of watersoluble pastels. Sounds like it was fun to keep it loose. I like the texture in the hair and cloth. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the sketch! Enjoy your new online classes! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work, I love the feel of this piece. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sketch ! I signed up for the free class too ;-) I have been looking at her Faces class, which is now available on DVD only, but the free class is a great opportunity to check out her style of teaching. I love Norah's class too, it's amazing how much one can learn from these online classes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tam is so inspiring and generous! I signed up for her course too hoping to learn some mixed media art. You piece is really gorgeous! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this sketch natasha, so beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top