Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The second Penny


I finished her at half past midnight last night. Wait, this morning? :) Has that ever happened to you? I was already in bed trying to think about something lovely like vacationing somewhere exotic, lying on the beach and catching some sun in Cuba or Australia. You know, fun stuff. :) But noooo, this little Penny was sneaking into my thoughts the whole time.
So I got up in the middle of the night to finish her. She had black hair but now she doesn't. :)
And when I got up this morning I found this. It looks like poop smeared on the floor! And it won't come off! Help!

What happened was, that my cat Charlie thought he didn't have enough space to sleep on the kitchen table and kicked my box full of paint tubes on the floor. Of course when something is on the floor my dog Karma has to check out and she found this tube to chew on. And it wasn't the first time either as you can see, the tube was taped already.
I loved this color. It's green gold. But there is just something that my dog doesn't like about it as she obviously singled it out from a bunch of other paint tubes on the floor to chew on. Twice!


Share/Save/Bookmark

14 comments:

  1. Lepa je.. v živo še toliko bolj. Se mi zdi, da so vse slike v živo lepše :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your painting, especially the wonderful background ! LOL on the dog/cat/paint story, guess they didn't like that color ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lepa slikica!Ampak pomočnike:):) pa imaš:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was worth getting up for. I almost did the same thing last night, but I fell asleep while I was thinkging about it :)
    Love what your mischevious "kids" got into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is awesome! I think you were right to get up in the middle of the night and work on her. When inspired, go with it, regardless of the time :-)

    too bad about the paint on your floor though, I'm sure there is a way to remove acrylic paint. Maybe rubbing alcohol? animals get into everything don't they, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. v ozadje sem se zagledala... krasno je, pa vseeno še vedno služi za ozadje. izrazek pa znova tako zelo pripovedujoč.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new painting is so pretty! I love the vivid colors you selected. My doggies have finally stopped chomping on my paint bottles and tubes. Thankfully, the paint never spilled anywhere, but it became very hard to try and open up the containers with chew marks all over them! LOL Enjoy your week! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Natasha! Thank you for visiting my blog!
    I am elated to have you. Even more so being that I am of "Croatian decent"/Slovak...
    I am loving all of your beautiful art in Norah's class!
    I am know what you mean about staying up late. I did that last night. I finished my painting you saw on my blog at 2am. this morning.
    LOL
    I love your painting you did.. isn't it worth it to just GO.. when you get inspired?
    Go girl!
    I added myself to your followers list.
    Thanks for your visit too! hugs, Darlene xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I love this Penny!!! She's just gorgeous and the texture is lovely! Sorry to hear about your naughty dog hehehe Not sure how to get paint off but perhaps turps, the stuff that you clean your brushes with when you use oil paints could work? Don't know if that would damage your floor though.
    Good on you for getting up in the middle of the night and going with your creative flow!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got my Penny today and am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! Thank you so much!! XOXOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS - I linked your Facebook fan page to my status update!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is lovely! Well worth getting up for. Some say that GIN is the best thing to remove acrylics... If not, mix it with some tonic and it will help you forget the stain :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love her! You are very talented! I can't wait to check out your etsy shop too.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Natasha! Your second Penny is lovely! Following your creative muse anytime of the day is always a good thing. Thanks so much for your sweet visit as always! I enjoy painting in different ways all the time. Sometimes dark to light, but light to dark is my comfort zone. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top