Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Lady has Heart Page


This is a page I did following Kelly Rae Roberts' step by step instructions described in her book Taking Flight. I added some stamping because I found it a bit bare. I used old postcards for the first layer. It's good I used to save every mail I received, it comes in handy nowadays. :) One postcard in particularly cracked me up. It was from a friend of mine and while reading it I was seriously questioning her sobriety when writing me that postcard. :) There is also a drawing of a fish on the right side that I was very keen to keep it visible. It's subtle but it's there. :)


And her face.

The heart is made from air dry clay following instructions from Marie Gibbons' class. I must say I really enjoy pinching that clay. :) But it was a nightmare to color it. Seriously, is there a black air dry clay I can buy? It would make it so much easier for me. :)


Page nb. 3 coming soon.

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. How Awesome is this. I see the heart you made over at EVB...Nice Job. I love the colors you used and it blends so well with your piece you did here. Thanks for sharing..I really, really love it. Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting me.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girl as the sweetest face and love the heart! Hope you find some black air drying clay to make life easier for you!
    Keep creative!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top