Saturday, July 18, 2009

Graffiti art

Hi everyone! I haven't been around for a while. I've been working on some graffiti backgrounds. I bought a book called Canvas Remix written by Alisa Burke and I love how free it makes you feel. I'm having fun! :)

Here are three graffiti backgrounds made with different techniques. They are made on canvas sheets. Did you know you can buy canvas sheets in a sketch book? I just found out the other day when I was looking for untreated canvas in an art shop.


With this one I used spray paint. Now, that's messy.:) I really didn't think about it and just started spraying on my kitchen table. Don't do that, EVER! :):) And then I wanted to clean my stencil, again not thinking, and that stuff is not like acrylic paint. I had to use my nail polish remover to clean my hands, the stencil and the kitchen sink. A mess, I tell you! I was taught a lesson for sure. :)

I can't wait to do some sewing with this canvas. :)
Mixed Media Monday has a theme "play" this week. And I sure did play with these backgrounds. :)

Share/Save/Bookmark

9 comments:

  1. Very nice, Natasha. Can't wait to see what you do with these canvases. Keep going. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you DID have fun playing! Your canvases look great! I remember my finger hurting after using spray paint too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your backgrounds are excellent, Natasha...I am glad I didn't have to help clean up the mess (smile). Thank you for visiting my blog as it led me to yours. Your artwork is beautiful. I have joined your followers group and extend an invitation for you to join me at my blog. Nice to make new friends. I am from Canada. Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous canvases, Natasha. Your description of trying to clean up your play area certainly reminded me of some of the "funny" events in my life. Sometimes I tell my friends (but not my DH) if I think they will be amused.

    I am encouraged to look for the book you mention by Alisha Burke and try some of the canvas work myself. Thanks for your visit to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are great, canvas sheets!! What a fantastic idea, I'll have to try to find some myself, it looks like so much fun! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with these ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your "play" canvases! Great backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for yuor favourable comments on my blog.. loved hearing about the spray paint, sorry about the mess, we ALL learn through our mistakes.. and yes, i have made some bad ones as well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

 
Go To Top